IGNORED

Rustie - Glass Swords

jhonny

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ dude, I just popped on this album for the first time the other day. It aint my bag of chips in terms of what I would put on every day... but god dammit if I was even slightly inebriated in a dark room with a bunch of other sweaty people, I'd lose it if his tunes were to come over the speakers. Surph is probably the best track, absolute banger in the most literal sense.

Sounds like a pastiche of Ed Banger, dubstep, soul, R&B and disco. Which is interesting on paper, but I'm not convinced yet. It probably needs large amounts of booze, smoke, girls and volume to fully come to life. But anything works under those circumstances. It's the sate sauce of sauces.

im interested to see how these guys make music behind the scenes. I feel like a lot of the younger producers right now don't have the same rules or trappings that a lot of us old folks do. When i say this i mean certain things being off limits to sample or to 'lift' from other music.

For example, how much of these funky riffs are midi sections lifted out of other tracks? Im not discounting that Rustie composed all of this funky prog melodic stuff himself but to me it sounds like a clever mixture of stealing and original composition and by stealing i dont just mean sampling

At first, I wasn't feeling the preview track. Then I decided to buy this based on hype and I ended up greatly enjoying it.

Could the artwork be any more phallic / homoerotic?

I think if it was a penis.

2 penises and an anus, that's what's on the cover!

im interested to see how these guys make music behind the scenes. I feel like a lot of the younger producers right now don't have the same rules or trappings that a lot of us old folks do. When i say this i mean certain things being off limits to sample or to 'lift' from other music.

For example, how much of these funky riffs are midi sections lifted out of other tracks? Im not discounting that Rustie composed all of this funky prog melodic stuff himself but to me it sounds like a clever mixture of stealing and original composition and by stealing i dont just mean sampling

:excl: :excl: :excl:

Guest analogue wings

Nice. The new Joker album didn't make me believe he could something good again.

yeah i never thought i'd be less excited about seeing "joker and rustie" on a new track than i am about just "rustie". Joker has a lot of redeeming himself to do in my eyes/ears

joker, imo, is trash and rustie's lastest stuff works in a primitive serotogenic way. don't care much for this track.

old rustie's still my favorite

Hmm, interesting point. I'm guilty of that sometimes, the new pselodux album being an example of that—it has a few passages that sound very similar to genesis, eloy and the unreal soundtrack. But imo this is the way music should naturally evolve, and it's been happening for a long time anyway, i mean shit, boards of canada steal the fuck out of a lot of 70s stuff..

joker, imo, is trash and rustie's lastest stuff works in a primitive serotogenic way. don't care much for this track.

old rustie's still my favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM6CeHWJGxg

Irritated by the fact thats its not a video, and just a still....

^^ glad to see someone else watched that video purely for soapy boobage.

HIGH FIVE!

:emotawesomepm9:

Archived