IGNORED

The Thing 2011 prequel

soundwave

Guest Pennywise

It looks like the same set with douchbag good looking actors. \for fucks sake why can't anyone think of new ideas. STOP RUINING GOOD MOVIES. ARRRRRGGH

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

If this film is just gonna be a shit ton of jump scenes like that 50 second clip then there really is no point...

Also anyone else get the feeling they've tried to do Mary Elizabeth Winstead up as Sigourney Weaver? Last time I checked The Thing isn't and was never Alien, why try to allude to it?

Plenty of mention of Kurt Russell but no love for Keith David, arguable the greatest actor of our age - fuck all y'all.

oh hell yeah. He's been great in everything I've seen him in ever, even if the movie wasn't that great (crash), my 1st exposure to him was The Thing, but his performance in They Live is classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsZpdUUdd3I

Not to mention that the lead appears to be female, part of what made the original so good was the gruff all male cast.

This

yeah, and keeping this in mind, I am SURE that at some point in the movie, there will be a point where she is in danger of being:

A.) raped by monster or

B.) seduced by monster

because Hollywood is obvious as fuck.

It feels kind of silly to gripe about them doing it differently than the original the thing. Because you can't redo the original. The original is great.

My problem is that they are making this a prequel. Why don't they get some original ideas and make an original movie? Is it that hard to think of a new monster?

It feels kind of silly to gripe about them doing it differently than the original the thing.

I think most of the gripes are that they are trying too hard to make it the same as the original movie whilst marketing it as a prequel at the norwegian camp.

there are no black people in norway. we all know this.

i think the chick and the black people are like "Imported Americans" to give you someone to root for - making all the Norwegians "thing fodder." Perhaps they were abusing the Norwegian welfare state and got shipped off to Antarctica

I had been griping about them doing it differently than the original, because of the women in the cast.

But then I rationalized this by saying that, really, my problem is that they should just come up with an original movie.

Sorry for the confusion. I agree with y'all who are griping about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I see, I get it.

The monster clones whatever it attacks and uses the body to get to another victim.

The film producers clone whatever other popular movies they see and use them to produce another movie along a similar vein in order to earn some money.

Im seeing an alien/species/alien vs. predator clone here with some references to another film once called The Thing.

Fuck you hollywod!

The last place you wanna be, is couped up with a dozen Norwegian guys.The last place you wanna be, is couped up with a dozen Norwegian guys.The last place you wanna be, is couped up with a dozen Norwegian guys. The last place you wanna be, is couped up with a dozen Norwegian guys.The last place you wanna be, is couped up with a dozen Norwegian guys.The last place you wanna be, is couped up with a dozen Norwegian guys.

Archived