IGNORED

let's discuss: fatboy slim

Alzado

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still love this track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEr4FUwMbG0

Yep, I used to like this track a lot. But it doesn't quite sound as good as I remember. By the time his second famous album came out, I had discovered Aphex. Hasten to add I have never even bothered listening to You've Come a Long Way Baby. I heard all the big singles on radio and thought they were decent enough chart music but I wasn't interested.

He just seems like a very likable character, who was in the right place at the right time.

And he's nowadays 100 per cent sober.

Guest fondles the cat

sunset (bird of prey) is a brilliant tune. i bought the album for it. actually i don't think i ever made it past track 3.

Guest hahathhat

Never liked a single track of his. In fact I really hated - along with the rest of the bland funkless "bigbeat" scene rubbish - pretty much every track he ever made from day 1 (including the Beats International SOS band cover/murder) . Genuine Lowest Commom Denominator dancepop that takes formulaic to the nth degree. However - he's very good mates with someone I know and apparently a very very nice bloke. I have heard some multiLOL drug related anecdotes over the years and would dearly have loved to have been on the sesh with them years ago.

edit: also just read that he is partly responsible for Dr Hat being here

you're just sour because i call you on your microwaved dopplereffekt poop

I rate Better Living Through Chemistry. I will never stop liking Acid 8000 too, people very much like to dance to this in my experience and I don't think you would identify it as a Fatboy Slim track until the vocal comes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHBAEYXgviA

i like this track a lot

here is a tribute to it from many years ago http://www.werecactus.com/flash/acid8000/

ludd what are your guilty pleasures then?

i don't beliebe in thid whole culture of guilty pleasures... i listen to a lot of music that other people might find gay. but if i like something i'm never going to feeel guilty about it. Stop condoning the culture that says hey you shouldn't really like this without feeling guilty because that just conforms to a mode of thinking that supposes that everything you like has to be COOL and ACCEPTABLE.

YES I LIKE THIS MORE THAN MOST THINGS IN LIFE.......

[youtubeHD]JBs0ZErwX2g[/youtubeHD]

but apparently i should feel guilty about it

FUCK OFF

this forum is 99% full of clueless fucking cunts

fatboy slim's music is fucking rubbish [/fact]

[youtubehd]cNaqqt6zGCU[/youtubehd]

I have a feeling that people on here aren't allowed to like anything in house/techno unless it has an all time classic name behind it or unless Aphex drops it in a set (larry heard, jeff mills, etc. etc.). But if those same people say this is rubbish....I'm not really surprised IDM collapsed on itself.

Guest hahathhat

FUCK OFF

this forum is 99% full of clueless fucking cunts

fatboy slim's music is fucking rubbish [/fact]

how do you stay this cool

Archived