IGNORED

Diablo 3

gaarg

Are you all playing as either monk or demon hunter?? Is there a reason?

I'll try this out one of these days (or hours har har), and still don't know what to expect.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Blizz's defense, BoH was OP.

It was, but it was also the only thing keeping monks viable in solo inferno, we are useless until they fix our shit now which won't be soon, nothing ever is.

Yeah I wouldn't know about this, simply because I have been rolling with three friends of mine since launch. We generally always play together. I do have a solo barb and solo wiz.. I think Barb is my favorite at the moment. I was really feeling monk, but after coming back to him after playing my barb, I am missing the power you get from the barb. I also like a lot of his movement stuff, like leap/sprint/charge. Ancient Spear is hot as well.

Regardless, Monk is dope. IMO he is the most unique class in the game.

I'll try this out one of these days (or hours har har), and still don't know what to expect.

My reason for rolling a Monk was relatively retarded. In RPG's, I never pick monks/clerics/holy chars. However, my last char in Dark Souls was a faith based char, and it was pretty awesome. So I picked Monk because normally I'd pick something like witch doctor instead.

basically, as a DH you get to ever-so-elegantly juke-kill every single creep or creep pack thoroughout the game, while looking like this.

Diablo3-Cosplay-Tasha-Demon-Hunter-3.jpg

i'm getting totally screwed by poo on the floor with my voodoomeng on nightmare, its ridiculous and what the fuck am i supposed to do with all these blacksmith/jewler pages???

Ok I started yesterday with Witch doctor and so far it's been quite fun. But I'm still only half way the length beta was that I finished two times already. hmm this post seems pointless

Of all the things for Blizzard to nerf, they went with nerfing Monks again. Really? Tranquility rune was OP?

i'm getting totally screwed by poo on the floor with my voodoomeng on nightmare, its ridiculous and what the fuck am i supposed to do with all these blacksmith/jewler pages???

Im still going strong with my witch doctor, switch back to the leaping spiders, im finding they help a lot more than the skulls in nightmare as they leap and mob around everything dealing quick damage

My reason for rolling a Monk was relatively retarded. In RPG's, I never pick monks/clerics/holy chars. However, my last char in Dark Souls was a faith based char, and it was pretty awesome. So I picked Monk because normally I'd pick something like witch doctor instead.

mine was exactly the other way around. I played a Mage in wow all the time so I picked Barb this time to try the opposite

I finished act 1 with witch doc, but started anew with gaarg, the barbarian because it was too hard and messy with withcy. I need brute strenght!

starting to enjoy this game now, just when most people are not. im in act 2 inferno and thoroughly loving the challenge, my monk aint too shabby. bit by bit folks.

Picked up my first Legendary today. "Leoric's Crown". Not very good stats, though the armor was about 40 points higher than what I had on, and it has a decent armor and crit bonus to boot. I picked it up on my Barb, on normal. I still think they need to change the color of the legendary items (same goes for gems when they drop). I was in Act 3, and there was so much fire and blood every where that I nearly passed over it.

Now I walk around looking like a king. I'm the King.

starting to enjoy this game now, just when most people are not. im in act 2 inferno and thoroughly loving the challenge, my monk aint too shabby. bit by bit folks.

Act 2 Inferno is exactly what I was looking for after breezing through everything else. Only now does it feel like my builds and the gear for each really matter. Dying constantly sucks, yeah, but it forces experimentation. Too many players are just throwing their hands in the air and saying 'fuck it'.

Ok, so I wondered and installed and played a bit of Diablo 1 just now (cleaned first three levels). I was blown away by how it still works well and is really exciting. I don't want to troll but it kicks Diablo3's ass on so many levels it's sad.

I don't want to troll but it kicks Diablo3's ass on so many levels it's sad.

Explain. Just curious, I never played D1 or D2.

Also I'm rerolling my monk to a DH.

Well the graphics, sound&music, game play and story work really well together in D1. It makes a darkish, action-packed frp experience. While D3's cartoonish graphic can't tell a wannabe serious story of Diablo 3. Also I find these mini adventures, characters and almost everything that has happened in Diablo 3 for me so far too repetitive, boring and I don't really care for the world I'm about to save. Diablo 1 engages me much more in this sense, even it is old and kinda simple. It just works better for me.

Diablo 2 is somewhere in between I guess, but closer to 1, than 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my first Legendary today. "Leoric's Crown". Not very good stats, though the armor was about 40 points higher than what I had on, and it has a decent armor and crit bonus to boot. I picked it up on my Barb, on normal. I still think they need to change the color of the legendary items (same goes for gems when they drop). I was in Act 3, and there was so much fire and blood every where that I nearly passed over it.

Now I walk around looking like a king. I'm the King.

[media=]

[/media]

LOL

You should do your next gig running around like that!

Archived