IGNORED

We are the Foundation

Atop

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ranky Redlof

like this bitch on my fb who brags about all the expensive shit she bought and how awesome and happy she is and a day later she's gonna go protest in Brussels. viva la fail

I don't understand what is your point. Do you think she is not allowed to buy stuff and protest at the same time?

she is allowed to be a hypocrite ofcourse. but not the people you need for a revolution ldo. she is clearny not mad as hell, she just want to be cool.

The other day I read a phrase, can't remember where - 'immediate implementation of models of life that are already utopian'. Now every time I'm confronted with stupidity I stop for 30 seconds, I recite that to myself and it allows me to make jokes like that, it's awesome.

I spent the entire week sending agitprop to my friends about this occupyWorld thing and the only guy who said OK now can't make it. Guess I'm going to have to go on my own.

Damn.

it;s starting in canada now. but i live in a town small enough that nothing is happening and i am too poor to make the 2 hour trip to vancouver to join.

it's insane, this guys taint.

like this bitch on my fb who brags about all the expensive shit she bought and how awesome and happy she is and a day later she's gonna go protest in Brussels. viva la fail

I don't understand what is your point. Do you think she is not allowed to buy stuff and protest at the same time?

i agree, it's not about shutting the economy down. It's about stopping all our wealth disappearing in bank market manipulation and outright theft through usury and inflation. With a healthy dash of democracy failing due to the media and the politicians all being bought and paid for. So, if that chick wants a Gucci bag, it's all good with me. As long as it's not made in china. ;-p

im going to go down to the glasgow one for a bit, to show my support, too much going on to stay there. i like this idea though. it reminds of bread, his ideals are awesome, but have been irrelevant because no-one else tries. people are trying now. again ive not read this thread im afraid, i no longer have the internet so i browse in quick bursts.

i am by no means an economist, im barely even knowledgeable in the ways of money in the world apart from what you pick up browsing the internet, but i think the most important thing to abolish is tax evasion. if enormous corporations are paying the same tax levels as the average person, instead of using expensive lawyers to save billions upon billions of pounds a year in offshore trickery, think we are moving forward in a big way.

man that is so funny I can't stop laughing.

\wait, is that sarcastic? why is that funny?

Ranky Redlof said "some lulz." It's obviously not funny.

Guest Ranky Redlof

man that is so funny I can't stop laughing.

\wait, is that sarcastic? why is that funny?

Ranky Redlof said "some lulz." It's obviously not funny.

sorry but getting "run over" at 0.2km/h and acting as if you stepped on a landmine is funny. :cisfor:

having around 150 kg stationed on your foot ain't funny man

i was about to say....it looks like they stopped the bike with the bike wheel on top of the man's leg. im pretty sure I would be making noise as well.

To be fair, Australia has a bit of immunity to all of this nonsense. Historically, they have taken sovereign debt very seriously and are one of the few Western countries in the world that is not literally dangling off the cliff financially. Oz has a wealth of natural resources as well. In fact, from everything I've heard about Australia's way of doing things, they stand alone as a country who is not batshit insane regarding the interface between economics and politics. Granted, I'm not Waltzing Matilda here and I'm sure there's plenty of warts to be discussed but all of the shit that's gotten us where we're at (cowboy financial systems, crushing debt, mathematical shenanigans, etc.) is not something Australia does.

sorry but the banking crisis (hey canada has the best banking system in the world..we actually have regulation) is not related really to this except kind of tangentially. What delet is complaining about is work. Now corporations can manufacture in Australia, sure, but they are not going to sit back and take the massive cut in profits that the extra capital outlay for Western workers would require. What they will do then is jack up the prices. So yeah you'll have work, but your cheap ass 60" LCD TV that you game on? Well it won't be so cheap anymore.

I went to the one in Vancouver today. they spent the first two hours trying to come to a "consensus" on what hand signals to use in the general assembly. Then the general assembly was over until 7 at night. So I wandered around (there was a decent turnout) with my friend. Quite a disparate group of people were there, some with very limited understanding. Like the guy with the sign saying "get rid of the federal reserve!" (we don't have a federal reserve in canada) - and there were several people there with signs complaining about the fed and wall street. There were 9/11 truthers there, which I think is just a gigantic drain of energy. There was a Zeitgeist tent - maybe bread was there? I dunno. Vegans were there. A big meditation circle. Just too many disparate groups and not enough focus. (there was one lone bilderberger protestor - i was thinking of you Robbie!)

After the general assembly they had open mic - some interesting speakers. Couple of union guys, they had mostly really good points. Then some guy who was an actor/writer complaining that rent was too expensive and apartment buildings were too tall, and he was sad he had to be a waiter from time to time (what's wrong with being a waiter?). 9/11 truther guy. Some other complaints. The thing that struck me though, is that everyone had complaints, but no one had any solutions.

I'm gonna go again tomorrow and see what's up - see how many people stuck it out. There was no violence while I was there, small cop presence, but they were laid back.

those little scooters weigh about 75kg. You or I could lift it off his foot easily.

those little scooters weigh about 75kg. You or I could lift it off his foot easily.

it doesnt hurt then? this is confusing me. a motorized bike is on a man's leg.

To be fair, Australia has a bit of immunity to all of this nonsense. Historically, they have taken sovereign debt very seriously and are one of the few Western countries in the world that is not literally dangling off the cliff financially. Oz has a wealth of natural resources as well. In fact, from everything I've heard about Australia's way of doing things, they stand alone as a country who is not batshit insane regarding the interface between economics and politics. Granted, I'm not Waltzing Matilda here and I'm sure there's plenty of warts to be discussed but all of the shit that's gotten us where we're at (cowboy financial systems, crushing debt, mathematical shenanigans, etc.) is not something Australia does.

sorry but the banking crisis (hey canada has the best banking system in the world..we actually have regulation) is not related really to this except kind of tangentially. What delet is complaining about is work. Now corporations can manufacture in Australia, sure, but they are not going to sit back and take the massive cut in profits that the extra capital outlay for Western workers would require. What they will do then is jack up the prices. So yeah you'll have work, but your cheap ass 60" LCD TV that you game on? Well it won't be so cheap anymore.

I went to the one in Vancouver today. they spent the first two hours trying to come to a "consensus" on what hand signals to use in the general assembly. Then the general assembly was over until 7 at night. So I wandered around (there was a decent turnout) with my friend. Quite a disparate group of people were there, some with very limited understanding. Like the guy with the sign saying "get rid of the federal reserve!" (we don't have a federal reserve in canada) - and there were several people there with signs complaining about the fed and wall street. There were 9/11 truthers there, which I think is just a gigantic drain of energy. There was a Zeitgeist tent - maybe bread was there? I dunno. Vegans were there. A big meditation circle. Just too many disparate groups and not enough focus. (there was one lone bilderberger protestor - i was thinking of you Robbie!)

After the general assembly they had open mic - some interesting speakers. Couple of union guys, they had mostly really good points. Then some guy who was an actor/writer complaining that rent was too expensive and apartment buildings were too tall, and he was sad he had to be a waiter from time to time (what's wrong with being a waiter?). 9/11 truther guy. Some other complaints. The thing that struck me though, is that everyone had complaints, but no one had any solutions.

I'm gonna go again tomorrow and see what's up - see how many people stuck it out. There was no violence while I was there, small cop presence, but they were laid back.

Because we sell these huge volumes of mineral resources to china and now india, we are expected to reciprocate this trade by importing everything and everything from these same countries. So what delet is complaining about is that we import everything that our economy can do over here very nicely already from somewhere else and it's created a two speed economy where you have rich mining companies and workforce (although they're working on replacing those people with shortterm contract overseas labourers as well). And a poor or dying everything else.

We are even replacing our agricultural products with cheap chinese imports. Leaving our apple and orange growers to go to the wall so that we can have the privilege importing their poisoned bile. It's not just Big Screen Tv's chen. This globalization is going to kill our nations long term viability as a first world nation.

it doesnt hurt then? this is confusing me. a motorized bike is on a man's leg.

It's on his foot until he falls over. It hurts about as much as if I sat on your foot. It's not a goddamned harley, it's like one of those ubiquitous scooters you saw all over Seoul.

Because we sell these huge volumes of mineral resources to china and now india, we are expected to reciprocate this trade by importing everything and everything from these same countries. So what delet is complaining about is that we import everything that our economy can do over here very nicely already from somewhere else and it's created a two speed economy where you have rich mining companies and workforce (although they're working on replacing those people with shortterm contract overseas labourers as well). And a poor or dying everything else.

We are even replacing our agricultural products with cheap chinese imports. Leaving our apple and orange growers to go to the wall so that we can have the privilege importing their poisoned bile. It's not just Big Screen Tv's chen. This globalization is going to kill our nations long term viability as a first world nation.

So grow your own fruit - you have a garden do you not? Your climate is fairly suitable. We grow several fruits and veg here, and we have a small plot.

Your economy can do those things, yes but not at the same cost. Now I'm going to pick directly on you delet, because i have known you for some time and I feel that you and I are friends enough that you will not get all bent out of shape.

Look at the TV that's in your living room. Look at the computers that are in your house. Your mobile phone. You purchased all of these things knowing full well the implications behind purchasing them, and that the reason you were able to purchase then at such a ridiculously low price is because of the evils of globalization. The saying you vote with your dollar has never been truer.

I'm just as guilty of it, but I realize that in the long run, trade is good. When you can increase the basket of goods you can consume for the same cost, that is a good thing.

The system is not perfect - I've already said immigration flows need to be easier (that's for all peoples). Environmental issues need to be addressed as well - I've shown you a documentary that shows that even the Chinese government can mend things when pressured correctly. Educate enough of the villagers about the use of Chinese environmental law and change will happen.

Protectionism and isolation only work well up to certain point, then you run into stagnation in products, quality suffers and eventually you cannot compete at all. if you want proof, look no further than India's shitty manufacturing sector.

so i ended up looking for the scooter that came closest to the one in the video

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2062/2065565243_b49722373a.jpg

2004 Piaggio BV 200

The dry weight is 360 lbs, 162 kgs. Maybe the guy is hamming it up, but if my foot was run over by a 360 pound bike including the weight for fuel and the officer on top of it, it would hurt.

so i ended up looking for the scooter that came closest to the one in the video

http://farm3.static...._b49722373a.jpg

2004 Piaggio BV 200

The dry weight is 360 lbs, 162 kgs. Maybe the guy is hamming it up, but if my foot was run over by a 360 pound bike including the weight for fuel and the officer on top of it, it would hurt.

Those aren't even close to being the same scooter.

Scooters.jpg

upon doing a quick google - it seems like the NYPD uses Vectrix scooters - which the Wikipedia page (Vectrix homepage appears to be powered by a gerbil and a pigeon who might be dead) says weighs more than that so smack me silly.

The guy kicks the bike over though, and he has been released from hospital according to news sources, with nothing broken. Maybe he just has a low pain threshold, or maybe it's cause he's a lawyer.

Interestingly, the Vectrix is produced in America (though owned by a Chinese company, since the American company that owned it before ran it into bankruptcy), so the protestors should at least be happy that American manufacturing played a small part in all of this.

i agree, it's not about shutting the economy down. It's about stopping all our wealth disappearing in bank market manipulation and outright theft through usury and inflation. With a healthy dash of democracy failing due to the media and the politicians all being bought and paid for. So, if that chick wants a Gucci bag, it's all good with me. As long as it's not made in china. ;-p

this is the problem with celebrity culture. you see some actress with a $4000 hand bag and immediately become saddened that this is not something that you should buy. it's a larger philosophical problem that i won't get into, but seriously people need to live within their means.

i have plenty of friends around my age (23) who don't really have a direction or full time job, and yet this sense of entitlement for useless shit like $100 shoes and smart phones with really expensive plans. you can't have it both ways, living in a "economic crisis" and being entitled to frivolous things.

that said, corporate corruption (affecting the distribution of wealth) and the fact that every politician is for sale is the reason why this system cannot be fixed. the corruption perpetuates itself, the wealth gap widens and there is nothing we can do about it. it's not the people that run it, it's the system itself. it doesn't matter who's pulling the strings because we will always have the same results.

the only solution i see other than total collapse is complete governmental transparency. those in charge might even prefer the former.

Archived