IGNORED

Burial - Kindred EP

chassis

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

Everything DOES cut to zero. I've repaired my own versions of the tracks.

Thats interesting... Gonna have a go at taking them out of my copies also with my audio editor.

make sure you use sound forge for extra authenticity.

so do you guys still think vinyl sales will suffer because of the digital release?

I'd think that everyone who was going to buy the vinyl release before the leak/digital release happened still will.

yea that was my point before and I still feel the same way.

I'm going to take a break from this today, I'm burning out on it.

Everything DOES cut to zero. I've repaired my own versions of the tracks.

Just trimmed the drop-outs out, it does just cut to zero for a fraction of a second.

Sounds much better without them. Was just finding myself being taken out of the tracks waiting for them, enjoying listening to it much more now. I mean Burial may well have wanted them in there... But it is kinda odd...

Guest MortstoX

Dear mr Burial. Please make some tracks that doesn´t have the same samples as always, wood block beats, distant vocoder voices singing "ooouuuaaa", and the sound of bullet shells hitting the ground because almost all your other tracks sounds like that. Thanks!

Thank you Mr Burial!

Just noticed they have updated the hyperdub store page for this to include this-

"The skips and cut outs on the track 'Ashtray Wasp' are intentional."

Guess there have been people contacting them about it- so would appear they definatly are intentional... Though no mention of the cut outs on Loner ;)

Guest kineaesth

Anybody bought digitally from Bleep? Glitches still there? I find this kind of odd as an aesthetic choice. But how willing I am to overlook them is probably a testament to how great this EP is.

Burial has had skips/pauses in his tracks before

Guest kineaesth

Can't edit my post for some reason? Anyway I take that back, there are time-slips and bars not lining up but not full silences. I think.

yep I was thinking of 1:06 in Homeless from Untrue

I still dont really see how the skips are intentional, its not that he hasnt done similar things before and god knows people on here enjoy music that other people see as just noise, static, skips or whatever but these skips dont seem to add anything to the narrative of the track & seem to be at random points for no reason. I could be wrong but I think hyperdub are just saying they are intentional.

But either way this ep is amazing and they dont really bother me so fuck it will just keep listening and enjoying!!

Guest Popemobile v2

Jesus Christ guys, enough with the skip talk already. That's coming from someone with clinically diagnosable, pretty hardcore OCD (I'm also kind of an audiophile for what it's worth, FLAC only for this playa). I barely noticed the skips and even when they were pointed out and obsessed over on here, I never gave much of a shat. The guy who actually edited them out, I crown thee king of music OCD.

Gah, with that mini-rant I forgot to comment on the release itself. On first listen I wasn't really getting the hype, but now with a couple more spins it's starting to grow on me. Funny how music works that way, sometimes. There's a lot going on in these songs, lots of progression really. I personally feel Burial has been on a roll since, well really Untrue, but his EP period of the last few years has been consistently great. Whether I agree with the emerging consensus that Kindred is his best release yet, that I dunno, but in any case I'm glad to see it's getting so much attention and love. Let's go easy on the guy when it comes to pressuring for an album, too. This EP alone is practically an album at over 30 minutes. If he just kept up with these EPs forever I wouldn't really complain.

I listened for the first time last night. Wow. Loner is the one that stands out to me immediately. I always thought of Burial's music as being echoes of the rave, the journey home etc but Loner is right there on the dancefloor.

And how is this EP 30 mins long? I swear it's only about 10 mins in my head, just so good.

Archived