IGNORED

Burial - Kindred EP

chassis

Jesus Christ guys, enough with the skip talk already. That's coming from someone with clinically diagnosable, pretty hardcore OCD (I'm also kind of an audiophile for what it's worth, FLAC only for this playa). I barely noticed the skips and even when they were pointed out and obsessed over on here, I never gave much of a shat. The guy who actually edited them out, I crown thee king of music OCD.

Gah, with that mini-rant I forgot to comment on the release itself. On first listen I wasn't really getting the hype, but now with a couple more spins it's starting to grow on me. Funny how music works that way, sometimes. There's a lot going on in these songs, lots of progression really. I personally feel Burial has been on a roll since, well really Untrue, but his EP period of the last few years has been consistently great. Whether I agree with the emerging consensus that Kindred is his best release yet, that I dunno, but in any case I'm glad to see it's getting so much attention and love. Let's go easy on the guy when it comes to pressuring for an album, too. This EP alone is practically an album at over 30 minutes. If he just kept up with these EPs forever I wouldn't really complain.

'playa' lol

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thedisavowed

The dropouts don't bother me that much but don't sound like they should be there. Its almost like they happened he thought fuck it, I'll keep them in.

Is this what the kids will call 'lo-fi' someday? For us it was making it sound like old damaged tape or vinyl. For them it will be making it sound like jacked up mp3s.

Did anyone pick up the train track sounds in the beginning of Ashtray wasp? Then the beat sorta contains a sample of that? I just imagined the skips are apart of the train getting more intense.

Anyways lets spend more time obsessing over these couple milliseconds and ignore the other 30 minutes of music.

Guest Archrival

Did anyone pick up the train track sounds in the beginning of Ashtray wasp? Then the beat sorta contains a sample of that? I just imagined the skips are apart of the train getting more intense.

Anyways lets spend more time obsessing over these couple milliseconds and ignore the other 30 minutes of music.

Hahahaha! Great post! Its so funny about the focus on the milliseconds...Talk about anal, there's even a official statement from Burial saying that those are intentional, how low can we go guys seriously, Burial has worked on these tracks for ages (atleast that what it sounds like to me). I would go literally insane if I was Burial reading this forum on so many levels wich I bet he does.

The devil is in the details, right?

Haven't listened to the EP yet, will probably tomorrow.

Jesus Christ guys, enough with the skip talk already. That's coming from someone with clinically diagnosable, pretty hardcore OCD (I'm also kind of an audiophile for what it's worth, FLAC only for this playa). I barely noticed the skips and even when they were pointed out and obsessed over on here, I never gave much of a shat. The guy who actually edited them out, I crown thee king of music OCD.

Gah, with that mini-rant I forgot to comment on the release itself. On first listen I wasn't really getting the hype, but now with a couple more spins it's starting to grow on me. Funny how music works that way, sometimes. There's a lot going on in these songs, lots of progression really. I personally feel Burial has been on a roll since, well really Untrue, but his EP period of the last few years has been consistently great. Whether I agree with the emerging consensus that Kindred is his best release yet, that I dunno, but in any case I'm glad to see it's getting so much attention and love. Let's go easy on the guy when it comes to pressuring for an album, too. This EP alone is practically an album at over 30 minutes. If he just kept up with these EPs forever I wouldn't really complain.

'playa' lol

heartly lol, and if Popemobile v2 was being parodious im loling with him too (hopefully he was) although you never know what type of fans listen to Burial after his 'urban' image took flight

I'm starting to get a unhealthy obsession with Burial.... again.

First time I listened to it, I was a bit underwhelmed by it.. just like Street Halo. But now that I've listened to it a couple of more times and getting into it, almost every music out there is just feels boring to me compared to this.

Expect much more fanboy wankery from me in this thread :crazy:

anthony fantano, the internet's busiest music nerd.

I usually watch most of this guys reviews, even if he's reviewing music i'm not really interested in. he's pretty good.

But this was one of his weaker reviews I must say.

I watch them, but 99% of the time I disagree.... Lots of his reviews are extremely biased.

But I guess anyones would be right?

I don't agree with him most of the time either. But he's just really good at describing the sound of the music in pictures and that sort of stuff. And I quite enjoy that.

yes, that is true. I agree with you :

Archived