IGNORED

pantera

jules

how many of you fucks saw one of, if not the best metal band of the 90s? last I remember, i saw damageplan 4 days before the fatalbrainbullet. fuck.

dime for life.

Christ I'm drunk but I will stand by this tomorrow.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw them twice live. One of my friends is in a video (well the back of his head and his fist raised in praise to the metal gods).

awesome awesome band.

Guest globalsynek

if not the best metal band of the 90s?

no offense but I can't imagine someone who listens to metal on a regular basis saying this.

if not the best metal band of the 90s?

no offense but I can't imagine someone who listens to metal on a regular basis saying this.

no offense taken.

I've seen them but they have never really done anything for me. Walk and Cemetery Gates are good but otherwise i just don't like pantera. And as much as Dimebag was a decent guitar player, he gets way too much cred. sorry.

Such a fucking metal way to die. Dimebag lived it till the end.

I've seen them but they have never really done anything for me. Walk and Cemetery Gates are good but otherwise i just don't like pantera. And as much as Dimebag was a decent guitar player, he gets way too much cred. sorry.

My thoughts exactly. Far Beyond Driven is a great album and all, but best metal band of the 90s? Better than Meshuggah?

This made me laugh .. everybody lives 'till the end, innit?

Guest MastaN8

I've seen them a handful of times. Back when I was younger in my teens they were really fun to listen to while polishing off a few fifths of terrible Canadian whiskey with your friends. I still remember putting on great southern trendkill for the first time and jumping because it was such a suprising way to open a album (probably their best as well) I felt bad listening to the last one, the name ecsapes me, and remember being really upset that there wasn't one dimebag solo. He seemed like a really nice guy, always smiling and having fun. Think I still have a few picks from the live shows.

This made me laugh .. everybody lives 'till the end, innit?

He lived it until the end. most people end up giving up and dying. dimebag darell was just being what he thought was metal and got shot in the face five times. there is a difference.

also i don't much consider them metal. it's more like hard rock.

They were one of the bands navigating the border between hard rock and metal. By that I mean most people who like mainstream metal, mtv metal or just the most accessible bands will think Pantera is pretty fucking metal. And the people more into the extreme subgenres will almost want to write them off if it weren't for that Pantera quite possibly could have been their gateway band into more metal. Though that would have more likely been Metallica. But still.

I hate how music instr on craigslist in my area is flooded with shitty Dimebag Dean guitars.

Archived