IGNORED

FL kid stabs bully to death, gets off scot-free

chim

you'd think maybe just a couple stabs would be enough to "stand your ground" but 12? geez laweez

Yep.

nope. I doubt he was able to keep count or restrain himself. when you develop a reservoir of pent-up hate and anger after being bullied for a sustained period of time, it comes out violently and uncontrollably. I snapped one time and kicked the shit out of a bullying 'friend' (literally kicked, as he cowered on the floor) while tears of rage streamed down my face, all in front of schoolmates and parents at hometime.

I understand this point as I also said I 'snapped' when I had enough one particular bully when I was younger. The issue is that he must have planned to stab this bully, why else would you have a pocket knife? He had intent to cause GBH. The school should have been informed of Saavedra getting bullied in the first place.

no. carrying a weapon is not in of itself malicious intent. If you read the trial's conclusion, there was almost universally confirmed accounts that Saavedra attemped to AVOID violent action not once, not twice, but multiple times...including after he was fucking punched in the back of the head.

If you wanted to stab a guy, you certainly wouldn't have waited until you were punched a few times IN VIEW OF A RING OF OTHER CHILDREN/WITNESSES. Unless you are of the assumption that a young teen had enough cool about him to calculate that if he waited to get punched in the face his stabbing might be found justified as self-defense. Which would be insane.

THe situation is fucked up. The dead kid was still young enough to change his path, but at the same time you can't expect a kid being bullied with little to no recourse to handle this civilly.

As far as I can tell, the court made the right decision. And for those of you that can't stand the use of passionate heat-o-the-moment deadly force used by the young man, don't worry, he will be punished the rest of his life; by his peers, and even worse by himself for the rest of his life.

hmm, that's a point about carrying a knife. maybe he felt compelled to carry it for self-protection or intimidation, not anticipating that he'd lose it and stab the other kid to death.

edit: @rixxx

this.

If I am carrying a gun because I know I am heading to a rough part of town known for multiple crime related homicides, and I kill someone trying to rob me, its not malice, its self-defense.

To quote the

law:

Malice is either expressed or implied. Malice is expressed when there is manifested a deliberate intention unlawfully to take away the life of a human being. Malice is implied when no considerable provocation appears, or when the circumstances attending the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

There was certainly a shit ton of provocation in this circumstance, known by the jury/judge from multiple well recorded testimonials affirming the day's events.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get off your high-horse. Take issue with the right to bear arms all you want, but don't act like Britain is a fucking utopia with no knife-fights or violent instances of bullying.

You telling me this kid wouldn't be legally justified in his actions according to British law? On that remark I'd say the British legal system has plenty fucked up as well.

Also, ten seconds at wikipedia shows that the U.S. definition and exercise of determining malice comes almost directly from English common law. stfu.

shes probably intentionally flaming. i definitely fell for it.

I luv u Brits and I love the United Provinces of Canadia. why can't we get along

shes probably intentionally flaming. i definitely fell for it.

I luv u Brits and I love the United Provinces of Canadia. why can't we get along

Doh you got me, in fairness though you looooveee violence.

OH NO YOU DIDNT

oh_snap.gif

HAHA! sorry dude that was weak. also, it didn't advance the thread in any way. my flowers and apologies to you *bows*

:(

If I have kids, I'll tell them that last story. I think it's actually a clever strategy, to make them think you are fucking insane.

good one.. I was always bluffing, had a bait out sort of saying like I don't give a fuck just try me. did get bullied a bit, but it was scarce, nothing very traumatizing.. if you're scared you are done for. sort of prison tactics really.............. don't even want to imagine what a real prison must be like.

If I have kids, I'll tell them that last story. I think it's actually a clever strategy, to make them think you are fucking insane.

i kinda lost track of the thread and i though he was talking about having kids. so then i read..

I'll tell them that last story. I think it's actually a clever strategy, to make them think you are fucking insane.

that's excellent, tbh. defuse and progress.

yeah was sarcasm though haha, he was just more like wtf dude shut up I know what you are saying. it went on a bit after that but I was just never really that scared, just a bit miffed, it was nothing extreme.. I hung out with his friend who was being bullied himself by practically the whole rich part of the school at one point, always stuck up for him so it was just a weird situation..

ah memories... school was weird man that's all I have to say.

I've always thought of Canadians as the Australians of North America

I think this sometimes and realise that canadians shouldn't sink that low. our accent is cute, not silly, and america is our pants. I'd've called 'em chazwazzlers. Right? Digeridoo mate!

But i'm just kidding, I'm canadian. I am not that rude. :emb:

yeah... I was bullied from kindergarten to the 2nd grade by the same guy everyday. What made me snap was when I was in the rest room and I felt a stream hit my back. I turned my head and he aimed it upward hitting my face and laughing with other dudes laughing as well. He was pissing on me. i stood in the restroom for what seemed to be 10 minutes crying. Other kids walked in and laughed and suddenly my sadness turned into anger... I ran out of the restroom and went to the usual area where that kid hung out with his friends. I ran up to him and he was looking at me the whole time with a smile on his face... As I got closer his smile turned into a wild eyed surprise. i jump towards him and cracked him on the nose and continued to unleash blows on him. His friends stood there not doing anything and was finally broken up by aides on the playground. I broke the dudes nose and was suspended for a while. My parents took me out of that school and put me in catholic school. And yeah, back in those days I was one of the smallest in the class.

Oh damn... I read this on the FB that yo posted earlier... it made me LOL.

Sympathizer: honestly, evry1 needs to keep the drama off this group, thiss is in memory of dylan, not a place for petty things like who fought better, whos a better guy, who desereved wat, just stop, bcuz all ur doing is hurting the ppl who r mourning their loss of this boy. keep ur rude, disrespectful, childish comments to urselves. thankyou

&&thankyou for all the likes on my original comment♥

Response: Hope you die to.

Archived