IGNORED

Megaupload.com shut down by the feds

Npoess

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the kid discovering music right now? What about those who want to learn how to produce music? You think their parents are going to buy them all the digital music they want? You think they'll buy him the 1000 $ ableton license? Fuck this shit. This is bad for humanity in all aspects.

goodbye filesonic, fileserve and uploaded.to

http://www.smh.com.a...0125-1qhck.html

The author of that article is a total shill. Look at how they word this shit:

Some 22 per cent came from Dropbox, a workplace productivity and collaboration service, followed by 15 per cent from MediaFire, another entertainment-oriented service

Anyways - uploaded is still working.

kanakori - did music get produced before file-sharing? that's not even close to being a legitimate argument against SOPA/PIPA

What about the kid discovering music right now? What about those who want to learn how to produce music? You think their parents are going to buy them all the digital music they want? You think they'll buy him the 1000 $ ableton license? Fuck this shit. This is bad for humanity in all aspects.

yea really, thank god boc, ae and rdj had pirated software in the early 90's or we would be totally lost.

Are you goddamn stupid? What about the poor children? This is the beauty of the internet, you can learn whatever you want. Aphex and BoC were smart kids with means and shit, they got around whatever the dificluties were, but now its a whole diferente scale, any kid can give a try alot easier and thats a good thing. What world do you live in, seriously? Just think of any african/asian/south american kid.. You fuckin first world egocentric lunatics.

Are you goddamn stupid? What about the poor children? This is the beauty of the internet, you can learn whatever you want. Aphex and BoC were smart kids with means and shit, they got around whatever the dificluties were, but now its a whole diferente scale, any kid can give a try alot easier and thats a good thing. What world do you live in, seriously? Just think of any african/asian/south american kid.. You fuckin first world egocentric lunatics.

Print this post and show it to a therapist, he'll know what to do with you.

Print this post and show it to a therapist, he'll know what to do with you.

Point me whats false in that post.

I wonder if this "war on filesharing" will become the new war on drugs - unpopular, unwinnable, but damn if they aren't going to keep trying, and ruin plenty of people's lives in the process...

i think you're onto something, i suspect it will be intermingled with a war on hacking. The pirating hurts the economy they will say and the hacking hurts national security

wasn't there an ad right after 9/11 that said that when you buy pot or illegal drugs you're effectively supporting al qaeda ? i wouldn't be surprised if they made a 'pirating helps terrorism' ad already

edit: found (the first one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVQnbNspHsk

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

wasn't there an ad right after 9/11 that said that when you buy pot or illegal drugs you're effectively supporting al qaeda ? i wouldn't be surprised if they made a 'pirating helps terrorism' ad already

Over in the UK almost any commercial DVD you buy has this at the end of it, pretty sure this was made not long after 9/11 as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMIz0_Iij8

lol

Looks like all Megaupload data will be destroyed soon http://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-user-data-soon-to-be-destroyed-120130/

“We received a letter very late Friday from the US Attorney that declared there could be an imminent destruction of Megaupload consumer data files on this coming Thursday,” MegaUpload lawyer Ira Rothken told TorrentFreak.

Rothken explains that MegaUpload is determined to protect the interests of its users, but that its hands are tied without help from the authorities. The looming data loss is linked to unpaid bills at Cogent Communications and Carpathia Hosting where MegaUpload leased some of its servers.

http://btjunkie.org/goodbye.html

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399890,00.asp

The company did not specifically address why it opted to shut down, but in an

interview

with TorrentFreak, BTJunkie's unnamed founder said the threat of legal action was a main reason. "Witnessing all the trouble colleagues got into was cause for a lot of worry and stress, and those will now belong to the past," TorrentFreak wrote.

This is a demonstration that our corrupt government does not need acts like SOPA to censor the internet. The shutdown of Megaupload was a lengthy, laborious red-tape affair. But now that the gov't has shown that they can successfully perform these investigations/shutdowns (given enough time), they can wield the Megaupload affair like a club at anyone who stands in their way. It's a totalitarian way of thinking -- literally controlling people through threats. We live in interesting times. Democracy in the US is going to reach either (1) an all time high or (2) an all time low within the next decade.

My guess is this one won't make the nightly news, we'll see

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

I had an account with filesonic who got scared when this went down and restricted sharing. I cancelled. Havn't found another service quite the same yet. Fucking bollocks!

I had an account with filesonic who got scared when this went down and restricted sharing. I cancelled. Havn't found another service quite the same yet. Fucking bollocks!

Son of a bitch, why can't I get everything for free? Huh?

Archived