IGNORED

does anybody else feel like something is going on?

vamos scorcho

i think there was a conflation of AI and mind uploading

we will have the processing power to implement consciousness in a computer long before we figure out how to do so. the interesting thing is whether we will "rediscover" consciousness with AI first, or if we will have to settle for copies of ourselves

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

I wonder how many people have been cloned and chimera been created behind closed doors with black budgets. If technology dropped its pants for 2 seconds and we all got to peek, I think the global feeling about our future would turn inside out and throw up on its shoe.

non-scientists talking about scientific things. do half of you even have a clue besides the splooge you digest on the tv and internet? like, maybe researching a particular field where these problems arise?

planet of the trogladytes imo.

non-scientists talking about scientific things. do half of you even have a clue besides the splooge you digest on the tv and internet? like, maybe researching a particular field where these problems arise?

talks shit on everyone while not offering anything

trollface.jpg?1296494117

Enlighten us, wise homo erectus.

Also, just a tip, when calling people names like "troglodyte" indicating a lack of intelligence, try to spell them correctly.

i wish western society valued these two areas more: space travel & the brain.

imagine if all the business & marketing majors universities are pumping out were biology or physics majors instead. our society is pathetically obsessed with material goods.

Enlighten us, wise homo erectus.

Also, just a tip, when calling people names like "troglodyte" indicating a lack of intelligence, try to spell them correctly.

:beer:

we hardly understand human neurology, let alone being able to emulate it in silicone.. 10-20 years is not an accurate estimate in my opinion

We will find some interesting shit along the way but this. How can we really emulate something we don't even fully understand the architecture of?

there's no architecture

i think there was a conflation of AI and mind uploading

we will have the processing power to implement consciousness in a computer long before we figure out how to do so. the interesting thing is whether we will "rediscover" consciousness with AI first, or if we will have to settle for copies of ourselves

both

cunt

i wish western society valued these two areas more: space travel & the brain.

imagine if all the business & marketing majors universities are pumping out were biology or physics majors instead. our society is pathetically obsessed with material goods.

positivist formalist

Wait! I feel it! ... Something's about to happen ...

*farts*

then shit happens

TROGLODYTES! ALL OF YOU! EXCEPT HAUTTLE and HOODIE! AND a FEW OTHERS! SOMETHING IS HAPPENING! THIS THREAD IS EXPONENTIALLY GETTING WORSE! Glad I could TROG this shit out homeboys and Hoodies. AI is coming. Invisibility cloaks are already here.

everytime i read a "post" of a "facebook friend" i wondr about how right this movie is...

most watched u-tube - some fat guy who falls of skate, then most brands made advertisements using him...

some footbal trainer wne on a speech and it was the most retarded thig ever - brands made avertisements using the douchebag

main topics on facebook friends are - i'm adicted to online shoping, this guy who substitutes the host of "who wants to be a milionaire" is not good hosting a show like this...

9gags pictures all the way

stupid expressions about feelings that every human being feels

quoting famous artists/philisofers/scientists...

developing a new dialect wich sounds/looks dumb just like chavs....

posting pictures of him/herselves not in a context, not in a party, just them with their new glasses and shoes

and so on...

i know you're gonna look at my text and think that i'm exactly the thing i was describing... and maybe i am, it just adds points to my point

2qv5vlt.jpg

idiocracyfoodpyramid.jpg

3335_original_EPZHI.jpg

This. My friend's only comment about SOPA was "look on the bright side guys. a tv show named "ow, my balls!" is in our future. can't wait."

idiocracy was a stupid movie. totally classist & ignorant about the actual roots of intelligence (hint: it's not entirely based on genetics).

Archived