IGNORED

If cows had Human eyes and facial features, would you eat it?

YO303

I once got visited by the spirit of a cow telling me I was good peoples although I eat meat, but should lead people away from eating cows, stop the cow holocaust as it were. It made me more conscious of my eating habits, though I still eat cow meat.

Are you sure you just didn't see a Chick Fila advertisement?

here:

chickFilA.jpg

ChickFila01Lg.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

This is a meatpacking plant out of Dallas and this blood is heading straight toward an aquifer that provides water for the area. Somebody took the coordinates from the picture and investigated the area themselves. They said that the river bottom is rust red and there are mats of blond pig hair covering the area. Pigs routinely go insane inside of their concrete barracks and bloody their mouths trying to chew through the metal frame. Sows are confined to gestation cages with the piglets. Piglets often slip through the grating of the cage into a pit of feces--presumably to their death.

I'm purposefully not injecting any rhetoric or emotion. These are evidence-based facts. i would link the sources but the WebSense filter at my job is blocking the sites for "Militancy and Extremism" lulz

Watched a reel of slaughterhouse footage on public access many years ago. They would just toss live pigs into boiling vats of water. Factory farms are a nightmare and if I watched one of those videos right now I probably wouldn't get any sleep tonight.

Free range = clear conscience.

dutch friend of mine (he posts here) here has visited a pig-farm in his younger days and i believe it made pretty damn strong impression on him. especially the deafening squeeling.

i've visited pig farms full of happy pigs. i dunno, is there (recent) evidence of fucked up stuff in the UK? seems like it's all done humanely. apart from maybe Bernard Matthews and stuff.

Guest Helper ET

of course theres horrible cow murdering in the UK. god damnit im sick of this ignorant naivety. though maybe youre right actually, i watched this one documentary where they brought in cows from the factory on a conveyor belt, and when they arrived, they dressed them up in a tie, took them to dinner, and gave them a proper night out on the town. they watched sleepless in seattle, drank champagne, and cuddled until the sun came up

la la la la la

Fun fact: The average pig has the intelligence of a human 5-year-old, which is significantly greater than that of dogs. Yet killing and eating dogs is supposed to be much more immoral and harmful than doing the same with pigs.

I dunno, taboos in general piss me off so much.

stick roger water's head on there and i'd eat it in a heartbeat

Think Roger Waters would be tastier than Clark? Roger's probably got more drugs in him though...

Guest Ranky Redlof

Fun fact: The average pig has the intelligence of a human 5-year-old, which is significantly greater than that of dogs. Yet killing and eating dogs is supposed to be much more immoral and harmful than doing the same with pigs.

I dunno, taboos in general piss me off so much.

i suggest we start eating 4 year old humans! lul

of course theres horrible cow murdering in the UK. god damnit im sick of this ignorant naivety. though maybe youre right actually, i watched this one documentary where they brought in cows from the factory on a conveyor belt, and when they arrived, they dressed them up in a tie, took them to dinner, and gave them a proper night out on the town. they watched sleepless in seattle, drank champagne, and cuddled until the sun came up

la la la la la

yeah obviously they're going to get a metal rod through the brain at some point. which shouldn't involve much suffering. they can probably smell death when they get to the slaughterhouse, so won't be happy and that's not nice. however, i was just talking about extra suffering...

if cats and dogs were put thru what cows, pigs and chickens have to endure to get to the plate there would be an outcry

there is nothing 'humane' about this industry especially when humans have no nutritional requirement from meat that you cant get from other sources which in my mind is simply ignorant animal abuse for the sake of a primative and unhealthy diet

you either give a shit or you dont now excuse me while i tuck into my veggi bolognese

Guest RadarJammer

if cats and dogs were put thru what cows, pigs and chickens have to endure to get to the plate there would be an outcry

there is nothing 'humane' about this industry especially when humans have no nutritional requirement from meat that you cant get from other sources which in my mind is simply ignorant animal abuse for the sake of a primative and unhealthy diet

you either give a shit or you dont now excuse me while i tuck into my veggi bolognese

Its not that meat isn't a healthy and important part of the diet (socially not biologically) its that the requirements for it aren't steep enough to even come close to justifying the kind of compact factory farm scenario. If people would eat only enough meat to get a good healthy amount of the nutrients that meat offers like iron/selenium or whatever then these meat plants could quietly GTFO. What's the difference between abusing animals personally and knowingly supporting animal factory meat? Not much of a difference.

i eat mostly vegetarian because i can't afford decent meat usually. meat is not unhealthy though. i mean, eating loads of soy isn't good for you...moderation innit.

you either give a shit or you dont

this is fucking nonsense.

Archived