IGNORED

Dean Blunt & Inga Copeland - Black Is Beautiful

Redruth

Ok, so I only discovered this about a month ago when I heard "5" being played by Legowelt. Just received the LP and it is one of the freshest albums I've heard in years. I'm completely obsessed by this lo-fi 70's J-Pop sound with Boards of Canada on crack with Captain Murphy style vocals, freejazz parts and Throbbing Gristle influenced ugliness with a lot of dub meandering through the album. Together with 0PN this is the music of the future imo.

Now I'm going to try and discover the Hype Williams stuff (I only heard Rise Up and The Narcissist tracks, both amazing) and I think I can also pick up that new Inga Copeland solo LP? Any experts here?

Ok, so I only discovered this about a month ago when I heard "5" being played by Legowelt. Just received the LP and it is one of the freshest albums I've heard in years. I'm completely obsessed by this lo-fi 70's J-Pop sound with Boards of Canada on crack with Captain Murphy style vocals, freejazz parts and Throbbing Gristle influenced ugliness with a lot of dub meandering through the album. Together with 0PN this is the music of the future imo.

Now I'm going to try and discover the Hype Williams stuff (I only heard Rise Up and The Narcissist tracks, both amazing) and I think I can also pick up that new Inga Copeland solo LP? Any experts here?

Find Out What Happens When People Stop Being Polite, And Start Gettin Reel

Find Out What Happens When People Stop Being Polite, And Start Gettin Reel

Thanks, I'll check that out. I was freaking out when this was played on IFM months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRS4wb6Gyms

Now this artist pops back up being sampled and referenced (still not sure what the connection is besides that though) in Hype Williams tracks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZsad3s3hk

I'm also loving this performance:

Great stuff really.

Archived