IGNORED

Burial - Streetlands

Rubin Farr

And sorry for popping out like this suddenly, impulsively from the dark for the first time. Got no agenda here except wanted to point out a fun fact, coincidence. 

On 10/27/2022 at 11:52 AM, Shogen said:

And sorry for popping out like this suddenly, impulsively from the dark for the first time. Got no agenda here except wanted to point out a fun fact, coincidence. 

I’m a bit grumpy but welcome

• Haha 1

Streetlands is the best track here but it kind of sounds like someone took the Blade Runner soundtrack, replaced 90% of it with crackle, and added some vocal fuckery.

Is it pleasant? Yes.

Will I have forgotten about this in a couple of months? Probably.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just thought I’d hop on into watmm this fine afternoon and say this has grown on me a fair bit. I think because it’s another ambient release, ones patience is stretched a little, and being impatient isn’t exactly the right frame of mind to be in when listening to it. Quite a cool record.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 1:26 PM, auxien said:

never bought any Burial, this one ain't changing my mind

Never really bothered with Burial (?) but went to Rough Trade in Nottingham yesterday (I live in Derby, but always shop in Notts as it's much better!) Saw Burial's first album and bought it on a whim. Totally blew my mind!! What an album! So glad I got it. Just what I needed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, species8472 said:

burial self titled is incredible

Yeah! This is going to be on heavy rotation. Next time I'm in Nottingham, definitely going to pick up Untrue on wax.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beerwolf said:

13 hours ago, species8472 said:

if we doing early days burial - ghost hardware ep is some of his finest

Thanks for the recommendations. Both those suggested are fantastic! Working my through his catalogue.

The Kindred EP is sublime!! 

I was listening to his first album on my turn table in the attic last night whilst looking out of the window at the night. Marvellous!!

1 hour ago, scumtron said:

Discovering Burial in 2023...what a gift.

I know!! Such a joy! ?

1 hour ago, scumtron said:

IMO: stop after you've listened to Kindered.

Oh right. I like the sound of the ambient stuff, so I think I'll try all of it. I'll let you know what I think ?

• Like 1

Kindred is easy one of the best electronic EPs ever released. Incredible music. I’ve been a little disappointed with Burial ever since. Though Rival Dealer is ‘quite good’ ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirtek said:

Oh right. I like the sound of the ambient stuff, so I think I'll try all of it. I'll let you know what I think ?

I'd say rival dealer and truant / rough sleeper are his best works so don't stop!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Kindred is easy one of the best electronic EPs ever released. Incredible music.

Absolutely. Like I said before, I've been totally blown away with what I've heard so far! I can't pin point why, there's just something about it. The effect it has had, has really taken me by surprise!

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

I'd say rival dealer and truant / rough sleeper are his best works so don't stop

I won't be!

On 3/1/2023 at 1:08 PM, thumbass said:

I'd say rival dealer and truant / rough sleeper are his best works so don't stop!

Rough Sleeper is one of the very best for sure. Even more recently, Nightmarket.

And this thing:

• Like 3

Yeah Nighmarket is so atmospheric. It really fires the imagination.

Theres a lot going on in this Streetlands EP I never picked up on first few plays. It’s definitely a grower. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1