IGNORED

Lee Gamble - Models (new album)

thumbass

Man, oh man am I excited for this one! I've enjoyed the most of his recorded output to date, plus it deals with abstracted nonsensical vocal synthesis (something I've longed to hear explored by someone), and the icing on the cake is that there is a CD version!

• Like 1

Yay!! Also excited for this....love some Gamble.

Feel like flush real pharynx was slept on a little bit, though think it's cause it came out as separate e.ps 1st but for me worked loads better as a full album. Think I might even prefer it to Mnestic Pressure

On 7/25/2023 at 5:32 PM, kirm said:

Yay!! Also excited for this....love some Gamble.

Feel like flush real pharynx was slept on a little bit, though think it's cause it came out as separate e.ps 1st but for me worked loads better as a full album. Think I might even prefer it to Mnestic Pressure

Flush Real Pharynx was really great but the staggered release schedule kind of made the whole tryptich EP concept a bit of a damp squib. I think it took about 2 and a half years to finish - with the last EP being quite subdued and ambient. Them it finished with a kind of redundant compilation. 

This one seems a little short at 7 tracks. Still I'm intruiged by the concept, this guy is a top shelf producer and so far hasnt let me down.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oh my Im loving this second track. The first one was okay but the beatwork really adds to the atmosphere of this new cut. There is something about Lee Gambles ability to make hazy ambience that I love a lot. Im even more excited for this release now, although the album seems to run a little short runtime wise. Its only 30 minutes according to boomkat.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kuniklo said:

This wasn't what I was expecting at all. This is practically an ambient album. His trademark skittery beats are nowhere to be found.

Liking it a lot on the first spin.

Isn't it more like diversions 94 - 96?

Kinda bummed this isn't more beat heavy Lee but hey, maybe it grows. Ambient stuff always takes time with me

Enjoying this right now. I'd say its by far his most straightforward and accessible work, the synthesized vocals are quite tender and pretty - but their synthetic nature supplies the uneasy cyberpunk undercurrent that often runs through his work. If the Chris Cunningham Bjork robots could sing, they wouldn't sound like Bjork, theyd sound like this.

Edit: only just worked out that Xith c Spray is a version of Lana Del Rey's Videogames, some of the other tracks are very familiar as well but they're on the tip of my tongue.

Edited by Key

It's taking a while to get into this tbh. He shouldn't have released the last single in my opinion. It's the only tracks on the album that features beats and I was hoping for more of that... The ambient pieces are good but the album is just so short and they don't make that good of a lasting impression... I hope it grows on me