IGNORED

Production Tennis

gmanyo

I'm pretty sure this has been done before, but I couldn't find it, so here goes...

I've seen several "photoshop tennis" threads on other forums, where one user posts a photo, then another one edits it and posts it, then another one, and another one, etc. I thought this would be even better with music.

So, we start with one sound file, then someone calls "next", and then they edit it, chop it up, add stuff, etc. and post their creation. Then the next person will do the same, then the next person, and so on and so on until we come to a complete song.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

- Chopping up, adding layers, remastering, time signature changes, and tempo and pitch changes are all allowed.

- A substantial portion of the previous edit must be included in the next edit.

- You must call "next" before working on the song. If someone else has called next, you must wait until they upload their edit or they run out of time. If you get ninja'd, too bad. (Reserving your spot while someone else is currently editing a song might be negotiable)

- You have 24 hours to complete your edit. If you need more time, post before your time is up asking for a day. Max 3 days per edit. If your time runs out, someone else may call next edit.

- Try to keep changes simple; don't add too much.

- When you upload your edit of the song, also upload each layer separately; this will make it much easier for others to do edits. If one or more layers are exactly the same as they were in previous posts (including equalization or compression changes) then you don't need to re-upload that layer, but tell people which one to download from previous posts.

- If you change the key/BPM/time-sig, please post the alterations if possible.

- Try to keep files in wav format. If you must go lower quality due to uploading problems, go for high quality mp3. Don't go below 256kbps sample rate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the song so far. There is only one track. I made this with alphakanal automat, a free AU synthesizer. 16 measures at 113 BPM 4/4. The main tone is B, I think. If you think that we should start with a different file (if you think mine is not good enough or too hard to modify), then that's totally fine by me.

http://soundcloud.com/the-holy-band-of-god/production-tennis-start

Again, if this has been done before, or is not allowed, sorry (although I don't see any reason that it can't be done again). I really did search, but I'm pretty terrible at searching. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place (maybe it should be in the latest creations section?).

Please tell me if you think there should be any additional rules.

Now get to producing!

I should have named this thread "Song Pong".

Feel free to go next, Gocab. I'd rather someone else go (other than me, I mean), but if nobody calls it soon then Imma do it.

I wanted to touch it up a bit more, and add some more samples, but I want to go to bed and I figured it would be better to leave it somewhat open ended anyway. hope u liek

http://soundcloud.com/the-holy-band-of-god/song-pong-round-5

Tracks here:

http://www.mediafire...vrxhazh6l5scwc3

Samples from this video:

http://youtu.be/-0XH6mp6SkQ

I think our problem is that we're changing too much. I might restart this with a rule that says you're not allowed to add more than one track, and you can't cut up other people's tracks too much. I want to see a song slowly building, not a remix of the last person's song.

Archived