IGNORED

Post interesting/cool interviews

usagi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i really enjoyed this. im not much of a fan but he's put out some good music and seems like a nice guy:

[youtubehd]r9q48UlfD1w[/youtubehd]

I was shocked, even a bit miffed that his drum machine collection wasn't (or hardly mentioned) when all of the press for that new Beat Box book came out last year. It's claimed Joe Mansfield's collection is the biggest in the world, but I think Moby's is on par. Either way, I respect both of them for their passion in collecting these machines.

(I'd love for these guys to digitize these properly, that'd be so cool)

• 3 weeks later...

i really enjoyed this. im not much of a fan but he's put out some good music and seems like a nice guy:

[youtubehd]r9q48UlfD1w[/youtubehd]

I was shocked, even a bit miffed that his drum machine collection wasn't (or hardly mentioned) when all of the press for that new Beat Box book came out last year. It's claimed Joe Mansfield's collection is the biggest in the world, but I think Moby's is on par. Either way, I respect both of them for their passion in collecting these machines.

(I'd love for these guys to digitize these properly, that'd be so cool)

i like this interview of him :)

and Ogre interviewed on the same show ( i helped write the questions )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Buzz Osborne of the Melvins picks songs by "bands that were good but blew it". pretty good read. kind of an incendiary list (that first pick made me lol), but it's all about good bands that fucked up, not straight shitty bands.

he cites drugs a fair bit as a primary factor, which is refreshingly honest imo. I liked this bit, clearly a reflection of his straight-edge perspective on life:

AVC: There are some people that argue that it was the drugs that made [Hendrix] artistic.

BO: So, let me get this straight, if I take LSD and heroin, I’ll play like Jimi Hendrix? Really?! I beg to differ. I guarantee there are guitarists down at Guitar Center without a record contract that are on LSD and heroin and will never make any money playing music. They’re putting that little theory to the test every day. I don’t buy it. I don’t care what you do, but I don’t see alcohol and drugs as being anything other than a way to make whatever problems you have in your life bigger. There’s not a problem in the world you can’t make bigger by drinking a fifth of whiskey. If it worked the other way, they would market it as “problem solving whiskey.” But I believe in personal freedom, and you should be able to do what you want, but you should understand that when you kill yourself with booze and drugs, I’m going to think you’re stupid. That’s just how it is.