IGNORED

Automatic Tasty - Speech & Silence

Mellow U

I was just able to give this a proper listen. I've got to say, Mellow U hits the nail on the head, "I highly *highly* recommend it. I'd even go as far to say that Speech & Silence is his best album to date." - Brian Grainger

Is the bandcamp the only place to get the physical?

Trying to avoid paying $6 for packaging. Maybe I can find him down in Wicklow and buy it off him.

Trying to avoid paying $6 for packaging. Maybe I can find him down in Wicklow and buy it off him.

I'd just wait until Clone has it in stock if you don't wanna fly it over the pond, although I don't know that their shipping would be any less.

I'd just wait until Clone has it in stock if you don't wanna fly it over the pond, although I don't know that their shipping would be any less.

Their shipping would probably be more. You know if Juno or someone like that is getting it in?

• 2 weeks later...

this needs a *bump*

got the cassette and code dl last week. i like how the digital copies retain that warm tape sound.

this needs a *bump*

got the cassette and code dl last week. i like how the digital copies retain that warm tape sound.

Ironically, we were considering doing a rip of one of the cassettes for the digital version - however in the end, the 2nd master I did sounded tapey enough for everyone that we just went with that.

this needs a *bump*

Ironically, we were considering doing a rip of one of the cassettes for the digital version - however in the end, the 2nd master I did sounded tapey enough for everyone that we just went with that.

It was a good decision then. nice job on that, i love it. :ok:

tapey

:happy:

Haha, that IS the choice nomenclature at WR.

But really - my first master was way too "hot" as they say. Like super polished and pristine. It was just *too* nice for an Automatic Tasty record I think. So yeah, what it needed we all agreed was more tapeyness.

am having a rather bad time with this order - paid for it and didn't receive the "instant" download until I emailed eric at wil-ru and now today i was very excited to find my cassette had arrived in the post, only to have my hopes dashed when it transpires they have managed to send me the completely wrong thing. so i'm still without my AT cassette despite purchasing it with actual money about 2 weeks ago.

must try harder.

Archived