IGNORED

2562 - Air Jordan

usagi

awesome I did not know him before. He has been featured on this compilation by deadbeat:

LbiMq.jpg

01. Deadbeat - As We Conquer (09 edit)

02. Various Artists - No. 3 (debit)

03. DeepChord - Grandbend

04. Basic Channel - Quadrant Dub I

05. Pendle Coven - Exigen

06. Deadbeat - Port of Rix

07. MLZ - Dark Days

08. Quantec - Electromagnetic Pulse

09. Marko Furstenberg - Site 312

10. Monolake - Static

11. Deadbeat - Magnetic North

12. 2562 - Redux

13. Monolake - Sepia

14. Rhythm and Sound - Mango Drive

15. Intrusion - Tswana Dub (Phase90 Restructure)

16. Mikkel Metal - Stephan

17. Maurizio - M06A

18. Substance & Vainqueur - Reverberation

19. Deadbeat - Deep Structure

^ this is a good mix, coincidentally I was just listening to it last night :music:

I'd recommend checking out all of 2562's stuff as there's been a nice progression/refinement of his sound with each release. His debut album Aerial was an excellent fusion of dub techno and UK bass (dubstep or whatever was of it); then Unbalance and Fever are where he really began to show his own unique form and style - dark and dubby in a similar vein as Andy Stott or Shackleton but from a completely different angle. They're all really cohesive albums too which stand up to repeat listens.

This one's been more of a grower / slow burner for me, probably in large part to it being short and not having anything that slaps you in the face (in a good way) immediately.

• 11 months later...

This album is really wonderful. The mention of steve roach is apt. I can't help but feel some distant influence from Dreamtime Returns on this one. very spiritual vibe. lovely

Archived