IGNORED

2562 - Fever

Redruth

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have to admit i was thrown off by the opening track, the stutter was so cheesily done and the title referencing winamp gave me a far different idea of this album. Luckily after track 1 it starts to shape up into something really great

fuck me, brasil deadwalker is a MONSTER

I've only heard the preview clips but goddamn when that kicks in does it ever fucking kick in!

Guest Enter a new display name

i have to admit i was thrown off by the opening track, the stutter was so cheesily done and the title referencing winamp gave me a far different idea of this album.

The only thing missing in the opener is a sample saying "V...H...S..."

it would be interesting to see a DJ try to mix some of the more difficult tracks on actual turntables, i don't think i've heard any music that even hovers in the 2step territory that's this rhythmically hard to follow, and for that alone it's pretty nice!

it would be interesting to see a DJ try to mix some of the more difficult tracks on actual turntables, i don't think i've heard any music that even hovers in the 2step territory that's this rhythmically hard to follow, and for that alone it's pretty nice!

I had a lot of trouble mixing the tracks off Unbalance. Not neccessarily because it was out of phase or hard to tell where the 1 was, but because the shuffle parameter is set so high that the rhythm really clashes with just about anything else I have in my collection. It sounds like it would be the same with this one so I'm not even going to bother.

His singles and work as A Made Up Sound are infinitely more DJ friendly than the 2562 full lengths.

It's really interesting how, despite the source material of the samples being unique, this album has an undeniable 2562 sound. I'll bet he could do a release entirely sampling polka and it would still sound like 2562.

Guest Coalbucket PI

What I read about this before hearing it didn't inform me about it at all, it was a very nice surprise that it sounds so much like his style but with a new twist

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I've yet to hear this album, but this thread made me dig out his two previous albums, and I've been jammin' out to unbalance. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it when it came out. this guy is like the king of syncopation.

This is wicked! Love the fact he made a dubstep album out of disco samples and it sounds nothing really like disco or dubstep! Think this might be his best album yet which is saying something as his other stuff is amazing as well.

• 4 weeks later...

This is wicked! Love the fact he made a dubstep album out of disco samples and it sounds nothing really like disco or dubstep!

This makes little to no sense....so much as it's retreating into negative sense.

The album is made entirely from Disco Samples. It is categorised as being a "dubstep" album. But to me it sounds nothing like Disco or dubstep!

But yeah maybe am just being nonsensical, Either way it’s a great album!!

Archived