IGNORED

2562 - Air Jordan

usagi

2562-Air-Jordan-1FRONTSLEEVE.jpg

The most substantial release from the Dutch producer since last year’s album, Fever, 2562 claims that Air Jordan has been “a year and a half in the making – spiritually, at least”, and comes heavily inspired by the kingdom of Jordan.

The record soundtracks a 2010 roadtrip “through a captivating country, just before the sudden rush that became last year’s Fever. Based on field recordings taken in various bustling city centres, rugged desert landscapes, peaceful cornfields, lively amphitheatres, abandoned villages and ancient temples, its four tracks capture glimpses of Jordan’s often stark and desolated scenery as well as its warm and vivid spirit, channelled and reinterpreted through a simple recording device and a sampler.”

It features four new tracks from 2562, and will be released through 2562′s own When In Doubt label on March 19 (vinyl) and March 26 (digital).

Tracklist:

A1 Solitary Sheepbell

A2 Desert Lament

B1 Jerash Hekwerken

B2 Nocturnal Drummers

Between this and the new 'pusher, I'm excited as fack. I love everything 2562 has done.

:wang: Pretty much everything 2562 touches is gold, though this looks particularly awesome!

I also love that he's called it 'air jordan' and that it has nothing to do with a certain egomanic / sneaker pimp / all-round sellout african-american.

:wang:Pretty much everything 2562 touches is gold, though this looks particularly awesome!

I also love that he's called it 'air jordan' and that it has nothing to do with a certain egomanic / sneaker pimp / all-round sellout african-american.

This.

And yeah. What's up with the title?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was a let down for me also.. was expecting much more from 2562, more arabian mystery i guess.

The samples do sound forced into his usual style of music.. i do like 'Nocturnal Drummers' but that's all i'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

just saw 2562 for the second time in SF, he played 4 on the floor generic mid 90s house music for over 2 hours after opening up with 2 of his own very good tracks. It was disappointing to say the least especially compared to his first set i saw which was 100% his own tunes and off kilter as fuck.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I've been enjoying this quite a bit. it's not exactly dance floor-oriented, but so what?

Agreed...

Not really what I would expect from 2562, but I like it's weird minimalism. I think these could grow on me quite a bit more.

Archived