IGNORED

2562 - Fever

Redruth

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aerial was amazing, one of my favorite albums in recent times. But i was really let down by Unbalance, thought it was Quite boring to be honest.

I've only heard a couple of tracks from Fever on youtube (Cheater is awesome btw.). It sounds really promising. But i wish he would stick with the more dubby style he had on Aerial.

Well if that's what the shops are doing, is calling this dubstep then that's complete bullshit. There's nothing fucking remotely dubstep about any of this. Might have a wonky beat or two but give me a fucking break. I'd assume they're only calling it dubstep because he's done dubstep before, am i getting that right? and it's just hard to shake the the stink of it.

Yeah pretty much, he came from the whole dubstep scene so his stuff still gets labelled as that. Tho Dubstep is a pretty loose term anyway.

Aerial was amazing, one of my favorite albums in recent times. But i was really let down by Unbalance, thought it was Quite boring to be honest.

I've only heard a couple of tracks from Fever on youtube (Cheater is awesome btw.). It sounds really promising. But i wish he would stick with the more dubby style he had on Aerial.

If you like dub(techno)step type stuff check out F, Love this album

http://boomkat.com/cds/286111-f-energy-distortion

I think even IDM is less stupid than dubstep tho cause dubstep actually gets taken seriously as a real term for a genre and IDM is redeemable as a parody of itself. Dubstep is just one of the dumbest genre title word amalgamations ever anyway. There are certain definitive element to dubstep though. not sure what to call them but there is a certain groove or rhythm pattern and speed that many of the songs follow. I think the confusion about what dubstep is comes in when shit gets miscategorized like this album. Then fools go "this is dubstep too? what is dubstep anyway?" really it's probably just the new term for "techno" or whatever new uncategorizable electronic music that comes out. an umbrella term.

Guest Richy

Can't get into this, it has a few decent tunes, but I much prefer his earlier stuff, especially Aerial.

Guest Billov

Listened to this 3 times today.

Its fucking awesome, dunno why I didnt get it sooner.

Star Wars Epsiode I, II & III.

I literally took 3 shits today, and they were all made of shit.

I can see a pattern emerging

Guest Enter a new display name

Listened to this 3 times today.

Its fucking awesome, dunno why I didnt get it sooner.

Star Wars Epsiode I, II & III.

I literally took 3 shits today, and they were all made of shit.

I can see a pattern emerging

Interest: craic

• 4 weeks later...

Some idiot at pitchfork absolutely shat all over this album, basically jumping into the "oooh disco samples" circlejerk, then complaining that since you can't actually hear anything resembling disco on it, is fail. I'm not even going to dignify it with a link.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Some idiot at pitchfork absolutely shat all over this album, basically jumping into the "oooh disco samples" circlejerk, then complaining that since you can't actually hear anything resembling disco on it, is fail. I'm not even going to dignify it with a link.

yeah, I saw that. I don't know why pitchfork even bothers to review electronic music without vocals. they should stick to their quirky pop music that they think matters.

So parts of Fever-- the bone-on-bone thwacks that close "Flavour Park Jam", for instance-- are essentially just 2562 going through the motions: the tedious, musically rigorous motions.

one of the best tracks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Umm so I didn't get around to this till now because...I've been listening to less electronic music, I'm not that into dubstep as a subgenre, and while I liked 2562's other two albums they never blew me out of the water. But I'm listening to this NOW and it's pretty awesome! And yeah it's not dubstep. I'm on "Final Frenzy" so 2 more tracks to go after this one. I think I liked "Brasil Deadwalker" least on first listen, maybe because it was the most dancefloor-like tune. I remember it being mentioned earlier in the thread as someone's favorite.

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork

Some idiot at pitchfork