IGNORED

Do you eat a lot of meat ?

Lucas

Guest RadarJammer
July 12, 2024

Dear diary,

A worldwide outbreak of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease has killed billions of people over the last several months, I am so happy I converted to a vegetarian.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only buy local vegetables so I can be the ultimate smug bastard.

pfft I grow my own so i can be outside the money economy. Outhipster that!

Guest yikes

i am vegan

who am i to tell others what to eat?

if you want to eat that garbage-feel free

99% of the carnivores i know do not buy grass fed organic beef either

oh fucking well

i ate foie gras for the first time on saturday in a michelin star restaurant with the most amazing beef dish i've ever had in my life. not something i'd rush to have again but i thought fuckit i'd try it to see what all the fuss is about.

I only buy local vegetables so I can be the ultimate smug bastard.

pfft I grow my own so i can be outside the money economy. Outhipster that!

I'm going to start doing that, gonna get all Good Life up in this bitch.

(i make my own seitan, hipster 2 tha max)

Yeah, I a fair amount of meat. I weightlift, and as I'm eating to put on muscle atm, a lot of my diet consists of chicken, red meat, fish etc. I balance it with lots of vegetables and fruits, I might add.

beef dish

Foie gras is duck, bro. Or goose.

i had foie gras with a beef dish as in i had a beef dish with some foie gras.

ah, that makes more sense

What do you think about some humans are better designed to be vegetarians than others?

When I was in India for 6 months a lot of the time I was in northern Himalayan near pilgrim areas/trails so there was no meat, fish or eggs (no beer either, but plenty of hashhish!!). It was only until I got up into buddhist areas of Ladakh and Leh that I finally managed to sink my teeth into juicy meat currys, hot pots and very delicious meat tandooris. The quality of the chicken and mutton was exceptional as it was usually running around in the yard an hour before serving lol, so no health issues like there is in a lot of India.

By the time I got to Ladakh my mind and imagination was almost consumed with fantasizing about about eating meat, it was almost driving me insane, the 5 months prior I never felt much better from a meat purge either. I was speaking to a British doctor who was travelling and he told me some people aren't designed to be vegetarian, and some people make the switch and feel fine while other people suffer. I certainly suffered.

I'm cooking sausages. I fucking love sausages.

I was gonna say this but then i went on a lemsip induce ramble about venison.

barbecued chicken too. fucking delicious.

Yeah, I a fair amount of meat. I weightlift, and as I'm eating to put on muscle atm, a lot of my diet consists of chicken, red meat, fish etc. I balance it with lots of vegetables and fruits, I might add.

dont fall for that shit. its the steroids that put on the muscle

i've got a mate who loves goats (maybe he fucks them, i dunno). so on his birthday i was like "oh, i know a place nearby that serves goat!! :emotawesomepm9: " but my logic was off. he loves them, but (or.. therefore) doesn't want to eat them.

i've got a mate who loves goats (maybe he fucks them, i dunno). so on his birthday i was like "oh, i know a place nearby that serves goat!! :emotawesomepm9: " but my logic was off. he loves them, but (or.. therefore) doesn't want to eat them.

There are some places nearby where I live that serve goat testicle dishes. Not joking. We've also got congealed pork blood and duck feet.

lol

Guest fiznuthian

It's nice to see a lot of cool minded vegetarian/vegans here on watmm.. I think vegans are living evidence of our extensive omnivorous evolutionary history.. That said, it's quite clear people have been consuming meat for a very, very long time. As such our species is well adapted to the consumption of meat. There a lot of myths out there about our ability to digest meat and most are not true.

Quality meats are a source of nutrients not available to us from plants. Pasture raised animals for instance produce meat with vitamin K2, a nutrient not found in plant food. Commercial livestock are fed grain diets typically, which is not the animals native diet. As such the fatty acid composition of commercial meats are very different from animals raised eating native diets. The commercial marbled steak is an example of cattle being fed grain to fatten quicker.

Commercial meats are definitely not as healthy as pasture raised meats, but are still significantly nutrient dense and healthy in the context of good diet.

Guest Rambo

lol

dont fall for that shit. its the steroids that put on the muscle

which, along with many other weight gaining chemicals are pumped into most artificially produced meat animals anyway so soon you'll be an overweight beefcake with high colesterol and live to be around 50 before yor ticker gives in

yes i do, especially fish.

i felt like the topicstarter when i was about 17 or so, and decided to stop eating any sort of meat then. kept at it for 4 years but i didn't have my diet dialed and turned into a weakling yo, so i went back. i remember the first meal i made when i went back: chicken livers in sherry/cream with caramelised onion.

Archived