IGNORED

Do you eat a lot of meat ?

Lucas

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

btw, there was something about growing artificial meat without the animal itself, is this project still alive ?

artificial meet would make a great contender for most idm tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorn

love it

also i would totally eat lab grown meat if only out of curiosity.

I've been vegetarian for nine years now. There is a simple reason for it: I don't think I could actually kill an animal. I would hope that if I ran one over however that I would be able to put it out of it's misery, I hate thinking about that though. I also get fed up with militant vegans, veggies, whatever... My own choices are my own. It's not for me to judge other people.

Guest fiznuthian

Vegetables are awesome.. So is fruit.. I could easily go fruitarian and probably be content.

Bulk fruit is expensive here though. I would probably miss animal fat really quickly.

Made some brussels sprouts last night, slowly pan cooked in butter.. fucking DIVINE!

Brocolli dipped in butter is like a daily occurance for me.

Just had a russet potato with butter, and i'm eating a cinnamon mashed sweet potato.. with butter right now.

Raw tomatoes make awesome snacks any time of day in my opinion..

Butter roasted asparagus.. Good god..

Vegetables are awesome.. So is fruit.. I could easily go fruitarian and probably be content.

Bulk fruit is expensive here though. I would probably miss animal fat really quickly.

Made some brussels sprouts last night, slowly pan cooked in butter.. fucking DIVINE!

Just had a russet potato with butter, and i'm eating a cinnamon mashed sweet potato.. with butter right now.

mmm butter

mmmmnnn! this menu look good! hey fiz, what are you going to have?

I like red meat for conjugated lineolic acid, zinc, phosphorous, B1, B2, B3, B12, selenium, and alpha-lipoic acid. Organ meats are a great source of retinol vitamin A instead of the beta-carotene found in plants. I strongly prefer pasture raised red meat for vitamin K2, and dairy from these animals is rich in vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin E.. Saturated fat pairs well with fat-soluble vitamins.

Saturated fats are lovely and good for us.

okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!

I think all the posts in this thread praising for the merit of a given meat dish are representative of what's sad, in the end.

We eat a lot of meat because the market and the society makes us doing so. It has become an acquired asset of our daily comfort. IMO the fear of losing this comfort makes you coming in the thread and being provocative against what you call moralists. Maybe you're not consciously provocative but I take your posts as being a little bit reactionary.

Anyway that's how politics works nowadays (at least in our rich countries) : vote for what you think will bring you comfort, no matter the health of the whole system. But comfort isn't something material, and a system without strong and respectful foundations can't go forever anyway.

love,

Antape

In about an hour i am going to pluck, gut and prepare a chicken. It died of natural causes.

Im looking forward to it.

ive killed plenty and it doesn't bother me if its done humanely. i care a great deal about animal welfare and wildlife though.

BTW would anyone have issue eating insects. I think i would, but itsa cultural thing and the chinese think dairy is disgusting.

Apparently theye are much more efficient than mammals.

mmmmnnn! this menu look good! hey fiz, what are you going to have?

I like red meat for conjugated lineolic acid, zinc, phosphorous, B1, B2, B3, B12, selenium, and alpha-lipoic acid. Organ meats are a great source of retinol vitamin A instead of the beta-carotene found in plants. I strongly prefer pasture raised red meat for vitamin K2, and dairy from these animals is rich in vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin E.. Saturated fat pairs well with fat-soluble vitamins.

Saturated fats are lovely and good for us.

okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!

lol, classic fiznu, droppin' science

antape, the reason for provocative comments in this debate is simple: it's fun to see how people will react. the same is true for debates on any sensitive subject - it's probably the worst with religion.

people like to shit all over other peoples' carefully protected beliefs because they can. because it's fun!

Not eaten meat or fish for 15/16 years or so. I enjoy vegetarian food more, never really liked/enjoyed meat and fish much anyway. Plus no more food poisoning and puking up.

I think all the posts in this thread praising for the merit of a given meat dish are representative of what's sad, in the end.

IMO the fear of losing this comfort makes you coming in the thread and being provocative against what you call moralists. Maybe you're not consciously provocative but I take your posts as being a little bit reactionary.

the thread's about eating meat?

I for one would like to encourage the number of vegetarians to grow. Grain fed human will be a tasty delicacy.

Chen are you going grain free now?

Not at all. I enjoy rice and wheat based products. But I've long argued against having too many empty carbs and too much starch in a diet.

Guest sirch

that's a lot of butter. you might aswell just eat a burger!

i mean, is there a big difference, really? in animal fat from meat vs. dairy fats?

it's all from the same animal, innit.. unless you eat/drink Goat's milk/cheese/butter.

but even then it's all still animal fats.

edit: sorry, thought you were full on veggie. just seen that you eat meat. d'oh!

Guest fiznuthian

Heh, yeah. Should have noted that I am as far from vegetarian as it gets.

The difference in quality between a good pasture raised meat and dairy from the same animal is slim.

I eat Kerrygold, probably several pounds worth a week or more, because it is extremely nutritious for the human body.

The vegetables are for nutrients but also for soluble fiber, aka GUT FOOD.

Dairy for me is something I don't eat often.. I am starting to reintroduce dairy in the form of fermented stuffs, now having spent time attracting healthy gut flora.

Butter has very little lactose or casein, if at all, and is practically just animal fat so it's one dairy product I consume a lot of.

For me I think veggie diets are interesting, but having tried both I thoroughly enjoy the way my body and mind feels on a diet with animal fats.

If conventional wisdom was true, I surely would be sickly and fat by now.. I'm easily ingesting double, maybe triple, the saturated fat intake of an average American.

Instead I feel really, really good every day.. I've lost body fat significantly, and currently rocking lean muscle mass all over my body. Fast, powerful, endurant muscles..

Guest fiznuthian

Vegetarians aren't evil.. I think there are misconceptions about diet that run rampant in the vegetarian community.

It's unfortunate that corporations are capitalizing on the trend, making things even more confusing.

A lot of vegetarians automatically assume a plant is healthy because it is a plant and we all know that plants = healthy for us.

This is not necessarily true. Plants often produce secondary compounds in reaction to other organisms, pathogens, pollinators, etc..

They serve as defense mechanisms and often have nothing to do with humans.

This obviously isn't true of all plant foods we eat, but is true of some.. I talk shit about cereal grains a lot for this reason.

Raw vegetarians and vegans have an advantage over the ones who readily consume processed vegetarian food, snack bars, etc..

Rawists are exposing themselves to and cultivating intestinal bacteria that is vastly different from the gut of your typical vegetarian eating veggie junk food, bread, and vegetable oils.

This is healthy for a multitude of reasons.. I also suspect the rawists consume more nutrients in general, just by way of eating real food more often instead of cooked, processed, packaged shit.

Blah blah blah this could go on forever, sorry dudes

I eat a lot of meat, fish and eggs but without sounding snobby I make sure I eat high quality as possible. I'd rather be a vegetarian that eat cheap meat that's a fact. The look and smell of it make's me feel cold.

Animals should live a good life before being sent to the slaughterhouse. It's the least we can do.

I went raw vegan for a couple of months last year. I really enjoyed it but I needed a pizza like crazy after a while.

i don't get why there's frozen pepperoni pizzas with vegan 'cheese analogue' on them. well, i do.. it must be cheaper.

meat is pretty much amazing, i dont eat an enormous amount because its quite expensive, but as far as im concerned a week without meat is a week not worth living.

sausages.

Archived