IGNORED

Do you eat a lot of meat ?

Lucas

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they don't have to take anything if they think at least a bit about what they eat.

Indeed I'm sure you can be totally fine if you combine the right vegetarian food.

Anyway, I don't intend to stop eating meat. I just want the meat I eat being sane on every level of its production.

Also, one of the questions of this debate seems to be "is it healthy to eat too much meat or not ?" ; I don't think it's an important question. for me a more important one is "is it reasonable to eat a lot of meat ?". The economy of meat is very dirty on a lot of levels and eating at the closest mc donalds or buying your meat at the supermarket won't make it go better.

I may eat meat, but I just saved a puppy from getting run over in traffic about an hour ago!

So I'm going to reward myself. With ribs. RIBS.

boxus, did a chicken terrorise you in your infancy?

lol. yes. and i snapped its neck on the spot and took a thick bite out of it, feathers and all.

Guest sirch

I eat a lot of chicken, and i guess, pork (bacon) as well.

I should eat less pork and eat more fish, and fruit and cereals.

i know this. but i like chicken, and i love bacon. :)

2640353059_52570ee561.jpg

One thing that really fucking bothers me is pescatarians who think that eating fish is somehow "ethical" and who chow down on bluefin tuna and other ungodly unsustainable and collapsing fish stock.

I would eat the hell out of people like that.

Fish can be great for you, assuming you're not aiming to get all Jeremy Piven with the mercury levels.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium has this really useful series of (U.S.) guides re: seafood sustainability and safety.

http://www.montereyb...h/download.aspx (the phone app version/ full web version goes into more detail re: reasoning and description per seafood item).

I try to use it as much as possible.

I know it seems like I joke about eating people a lot, so let me just use this opportunity to clarify THAT I AM NOT JOKING I WILL EAT YOU

..and Cod, too.

fish is just better for you, though, innit.

you shouldn't eat cod, it's massively overfished. in fact most chippy 'cod' is actually pollock, bream, or another white fish.

Guest fiznuthian

I for one would like to encourage the number of vegetarians to grow. Grain fed human will be a tasty delicacy.

Chen are you going grain free now?

Guest sirch

..and Cod, too.

fish is just better for you, though, innit.

you shouldn't eat cod, it's massively overfished.

yeah i know, that's what i was saying.

Guest fiznuthian

I like red meat for conjugated lineolic acid, zinc, phosphorous, B1, B2, B3, B12, selenium, and alpha-lipoic acid. Organ meats are a great source of retinol vitamin A instead of the beta-carotene found in plants. I strongly prefer pasture raised red meat for vitamin K2, and dairy from these animals is rich in vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin E.. Saturated fat pairs well with fat-soluble vitamins.

Saturated fats are lovely and good for us.

btw, there was something about growing artificial meat without the animal itself, is this project still alive ?

artificial meet would make a great contender for most idm tournament.

Archived