IGNORED

Do you eat a lot of meat ?

Lucas

i don't understand the point of vegetarianism, or eating only particular animals if your goal is higher ethics. i mean how does one choose which animals are deserving of suffering and which aren't? and if you're a vegetarian you're probably substituting meat with cheese and eggs which production also involves animal suffering in industrialized production.

Not to mention all the breeding those animals are doing.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's very easy to get eggs from happy chickens...but not for everyone, everywhere eh

anyways,i really can't justify eating meat at all anymore

How can you not justify eating meat, but justify the empty gesture of being a vegetarian?

Guess I should elaborate that the videos I've seen of factory farms and slaughterhouses are pretty damn graphic, and was enough to convince me to go veggie. Just two months ago I was still in the dark about all this. Same with the fur industry. If the same treatment were done to humans, UN Peacekeepers would mobilize with unprecedented force.

Label me a fool all you want, but if you want to know the truth, you know where to look. I won't preach any further.

huh? it's not a gesture.

i think it's completely ethical to eat unfertilized eggs from chickens that are pretty much wild. much better than buying b12 supplements.

Guess I should elaborate that the videos I've seen of factory farms and slaughterhouses are pretty damn graphic, and was enough to convince me to go veggie. Just two months ago I was still in the dark about all this. Same with the fur industry. If the same treatment were done to humans, UN Peacekeepers would mobilize with unprecedented force.

Label me a fool all you want, but if you want to know the truth, you know where to look. I won't preach any further.

I don't believe that vegetarianism is going to make a difference. The only thing that will ever stop factory farming of meat is a massive reduction in the population of humans. Unless something effects this, then all life will suffer in mass numbers and there will be nothing that can be done about it. Unfortunately, humanity is a species that is very good at keeping itself large and always growing. It is a literal tumor.

But this doesn't matter too much, either, because nature also causes suffering that rivals (or perhaps even surpasses) that caused by factory farms. There is no way to really end or even reduce suffering in this universe. There will always be pain everywhere, because pain rules this world. But that's okay because the one thing more inevitable in this world than pain is death, and death will always triumph over pain.

I don't disagree with vegetarianism, I think it could be a good idea, but political reasons aren't the right reasons to have a vegetarian diet.

I don't believe that vegetarianism is going to make a difference. The only thing that will ever stop factory farming of meat is a massive reduction in the population of humans. Unless something effects this, then all life will suffer in mass numbers and there will be nothing that can be done about it. Unfortunately, humanity is a species that is very good at keeping itself large and always growing. It is a literal tumor.

But this doesn't matter too much, either, because nature also causes suffering that rivals (or perhaps even surpasses) that caused by factory farms. There is no way to really end or even reduce suffering in this universe. There will always be pain everywhere, because pain rules this world. But that's okay because the one thing more inevitable in this world than pain is death, and death will always triumph over pain.

I don't disagree with vegetarianism, I think it could be a good idea, but political reasons aren't the right reasons to have a vegetarian diet.

Earth entering new faux Vegetarian Phase.

Also, have you met Jev?

I stopped eating most meat five years ago (only eating fish and dairy products) I would be fully vegan but then I would have to basically force my family to be the same and my parents wouldnt be able to cook for me.

My father came from a very jewish family that eat meat everyday. TBH every meal except breakfast to my father will have meat in it. Chciken to jews is like potatoes to British- to not eat not is like...bizzare.

I did eat some beef a few weeks ago when my iron was low (because ive had two pregancies close together and I suck at absorbing iron, not because of my diet biiitches!) I actually preferred having bolognese the way I do it...I think being veggie Ive actually learnt more about flavour and getting the 'meaty' flavour by thinking more about the ingrediants than someone who relies on just using meat does.

Basically I dont miss meat.

i try my utmost to eat vegy but i just can't resiste the smell of myself

i can't help that i smell the epitimy of hot rancid hot-sexx.

I woke up in the middle of the night with glowing red eyes and ran into the woods. This morning I woke up next to a half eaten deer carcass and I've never felt so full. Think I just broke veg.

it's very easy to get eggs from happy chickens...but not for everyone, everywhere eh

I doubt the male chickens that get put in the mincer at birth are particularly happy. Nor the male dairy calves who get taken off for veal. Not judging, as you know I'm a nazi and would quite happily eat human flesh, but the gf is vegan. Getting hold of truly ethical eggs is very difficult, the only way we came up with is eggs from rescued ex-battery hens. There's a few crazy old women about who do this. Arguably a pescetarian diet is more ethical than any containing dairy and eggs.

I doubt the male chickens that get put in the mincer at birth are particularly happy. Nor the male dairy calves who get taken off for veal. Not judging, as you know I'm a nazi and would quite happily eat human flesh, but the gf is vegan. Getting hold of truly ethical eggs is very difficult, the only way we came up with is eggs from rescued ex-battery hens. There's a few crazy old women about who do this. Arguably a pescetarian diet is more ethical than any containing dairy and eggs.

i'm talking about basically wild chickens here. no minced males. loads of people who rely on industrial eggs could easily not,but still eat eggs. chickens eat a fuckload of insects though,so if you like insects that could be a problem

peeps just like getting at each other. like using animal suffering to justify their fucked up desire to see other humans suffer.

you provide a great example of that since you're not even vegan,but you are a nazi

i think our modern society has made us wimps from blood and gore. animals have always been killed and there was always blood and gross shit w/e just move on and chow down

http://latestvegannews.com/400-million-fewer-animals-were-killed-for-food-last-year-because-people-are-eating-less-meat/

400 Million Fewer Animals Were Killed for Food Last Year vs. 2007 Because People Are Eating Less Meat

i don't understand the point of vegetarianism, or eating only particular animals if your goal is higher ethics. i mean how does one choose which animals are deserving of suffering and which aren't? and if you're a vegetarian you're probably substituting meat with cheese and eggs which production also involves animal suffering in industrialized production.

Not to mention all the breeding those animals are doing.

laaaaawwl

true farmhand season 2

i'm a vegetarian and even though i'm all for finding revolutionary meaning in everything, it's just a personal thing for me. i believe in an utopian society there can be dignified ways of extracting ore, processing trash or offering sexual services, but short of breeding meat in genetic labs i don't see any way of slaughtering animals which doesn't freak me out. so in a way eating animals is the fucking worst, but I see how it's helped mankind and how most people are going to keep on eating meat, so i don't really attach much meaning to my choice. it's something i don't do and that's it.

must be said, though, farms are polluting as hell, but then again so are most forms of production

I have one, maybe two meaty meals a week (which makes me 92.85% vegatarian)

I don't really care about going full-veggie since my goal was only really to cut down. Mainly for wussy pinko tree-hugging reasons I guess, I see it as a bit dodgy that human-edible crops are often diverted to feed livestock, because it's more profitable in the short term but hugely expensive in terms of water and soil resources, plus stuff about antibiotics waffle waffle. I only have fish a few times a year, TBH I'm more worried about eating fish since the oceans are royally fucked, and most farmed fish is fed with wild-caught stuff so it's hardly any different. Probs why my short-term memory is so shite though lawl

the irony with the domestication of animals (and crops) is that it was all a 2ndary by-product of Mesolithic hunter-gatherers congregating at religious sites, such as Göbekli Tepe in Turkey. This transition was probably the single most significant transition in human (pre)history & you can chart the Neolithic transition to farming directly from this site.

It had fuck all to do with being more technologically efficient or population pressure. It had everything to do with being part of a tribe, conspicuous consumption (bling) and partying.

btw, freshly caught mackerel by my own sun burnt hands via line n rod/feathers tonight - few mins under the grill with a mound of salad & a squeeze of lemon = delicious

ps: how can anyone live w/out ethically produced roast pork?

When this thread was started I probably couldn't have contemplated a meat-free diet but since then I started going out with a girl who has ex-battery chickens and they are cute little buggers. I know dairy production is a bit shit too and hopefully a massive cut-down on that side of things will develop overtime. I'd recommend being a vegetarian though, it's cool being able to say what's happening to sheep without feeling guilty.

I'd recommend being a vegetarian though, it's cool being able to say what's happening to sheep without feeling guilty.

eating meat is not a sign of guilt imo, one can be an omnivore and disdain/campaign against cruel farming practices at the same time.

eating meat is not inherently wrong.

Archived