IGNORED

Do you eat a lot of meat ?

Lucas

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was convinced i was a "nah, it's ok, i'm just like that" type of vegetarian but ::yesterday i saw some raw chicken meat on a youtube advert:: and i was genuinely shocked and A P P A L L E D

bloody hell how can you eat this shit

4579724875.jpg

Usually grilled or stir-fried. A little soy-sauce, a little garlic, yum yum.

i have had raw chicken before, in Japan. Not bad at all.

Yeah, my parents used to run a small grilled chicken place and kids in the neighbourhood would actually call me "Chicken", which is the lamest nickname ever (but there was this girl who was blessed with "Donkey Kong", which eventually became "Donkey Cunt", so "Chicken" wasn't that bad after all, and also my real name is pretty lame itself.) But I was surprised that I've come to find meat repulsive - in fact I was really surprised that I hadn't actually seen raw white meat in ages so I wasn't used to it.

i could care less about chicken

i eat my own courgettes, shallots, peas, rosemary,mint, thyme, and i have neverending tomatoes on the way.

i eat gizzard, liver, kidneys, and head. whatever makes good pho.

suck my dick

• 2 weeks later...

Meat's something I have seriously been thinking about getting rid of over the last couple of weeks. I've been eating too much of it and i'm sick of it. I think i more like the taste of the seasoning than actual meat. I'm slowly gonna wean myself away from it, as an animal lover I've always been disgusted tucking into it but kept on doing it. I like seafood more, if i can just stick to some steamed stuff this week i'll be going a long way. Say no to meat.

I'm on keto and I eat a fuckton of meat, mostly pork. I feel a little bad about the environmental impact but I feel physically and mentally much better than I did on the SAD diet or even when I was vegan.

I'd like to get more into organ meats, I'm a bit squeamish about it still but I do love all that stuff they give you in pho, with the collagen or whatever it is, and the tripe. Also Mexican style fried tripe, beef tongue. Pork hearts, pate, yum.

I'm on keto and I eat a fuckton of meat, mostly pork. I feel a little bad about the environmental impact but I feel physically and mentally much better than I did on the SAD diet or even when I was vegan.

I'd like to get more into organ meats, I'm a bit squeamish about it still but I do love all that stuff they give you in pho, with the collagen or whatever it is, and the tripe. Also Mexican style fried tripe, beef tongue. Pork hearts, pate, yum.

I'd research the organ meats as much as possible I think a lot of them aren't so good for you if you eat them a lot.

I feel so much better eating low carb, like you. It's just so bloody expensive!

Good to know, I admittedly haven't researched them too much but I just have heard that they are better. I've researched this diet a lot but it's more like how to make sure you're getting all your nutrients, how to emulate the textures of all those tasty carb treats (thank goodness for chicharrones), etc.

I actually lost ~40lbs on keto last year but then I fell off the wagon. Went to Japan, land of carbs, and actually only gained a little bit there, probably from walking so much. But I had carb-momentum at that point and back in the land of Doritos and cars my weight quickly ballooned. I finally committed to keto again a month ago and I'm back down about 12 pounds and lost my taste for carbs again. I think I need to make a "landing" plan for coming back home from travel in the future. This really feels like the way I'm supposed to eat, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to eat the tastiest food available whenever I travel.

I went off the rails a bit earlier this month about the moral justification for going vegetarian, but I've backed off a bit.

Still consume meat on occasion, but it's way less now compared to the amount I ate til May this year. I've lost weight too, but not sure how much exactly.

If I had to buy some chicken again I think free-range would be the way to go.

I'd research the organ meats as much as possible I think a lot of them aren't so good for you if you eat them a lot.

Good to know, I admittedly haven't researched them too much but I just have heard that they are better. I've researched this diet a lot but it's more like how to make sure you're getting all your nutrients, how to emulate the textures of all those tasty carb treats (thank goodness for chicharrones), etc.

I actually lost ~40lbs on keto last year but then I fell off the wagon. Went to Japan, land of carbs, and actually only gained a little bit there, probably from walking so much. But I had carb-momentum at that point and back in the land of Doritos and cars my weight quickly ballooned. I finally committed to keto again a month ago and I'm back down about 12 pounds and lost my taste for carbs again. I think I need to make a "landing" plan for coming back home from travel in the future. This really feels like the way I'm supposed to eat, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to eat the tastiest food available whenever I travel.

Despite what you may have heard, fruits and vegetables are not the most nutrient dense foods – organ meats are. Eat organ meats such as liver, heart, and kidney at least once a week, preferably more. Also, bone broth, tendons, ligaments, are a good source of dietary collagen. Organs such as the liver often contain nutrients that are very scarce in other foods such as copper.

Do you actually test yourself for ketosis? You can get a blood glucose monitor with special keto strips off amazon. I'm about to purchase one. The monitor isn't so bad but the strips are quite expensive.

Ah yeah, it's coming back now, I think I did learn that there's lots of vitamins and minerals in offal. One of my work friends is basically obsessed with nutrient density and he used to talk to me a lot about food quality in general.

Yeah, I actually have a little tube of those keto stix. I didn't realize think to try a blood glucose monitor. Another work friend (who introduced me to keto) told me the trick of slicing the keto stix in half so you have twice as many. Works like a charm.

Despite what you may have heard, fruits and vegetables are not the most nutrient dense foods – organ meats are. Eat organ meats such as liver, heart, and kidney at least once a week, preferably more. Also, bone broth, tendons, ligaments, are a good source of dietary collagen. Organs such as the liver often contain nutrients that are very scarce in other foods such as copper.

Do you actually test yourself for ketosis? You can get a blood glucose monitor with special keto strips off amazon. I'm about to purchase one. The monitor isn't so bad but the strips are quite expensive.

I believe it depends what animals organs you're eating though... For example polar bear liver (not that a regular person would uh... have a chance to eat one) has so much vitamin A you will die from an oz or two. That's why I recommended researching first, in case there's a concentration of vitamins or minerals from that specific animals organs (since they are all a tad different) that will affect you specifically!

B vitamins, for example, make my entire body break out in acne even in small amounts. No idea why.

Ah yeah, it's coming back now, I think I did learn that there's lots of vitamins and minerals in offal. One of my work friends is basically obsessed with nutrient density and he used to talk to me a lot about food quality in general.

Yeah, I actually have a little tube of those keto stix. I didn't realize think to try a blood glucose monitor. Another work friend (who introduced me to keto) told me the trick of slicing the keto stix in half so you have twice as many. Works like a charm.

As for the keto strips, the ones you pee on are pretty cheap and don't require a glucose monitor. Those are the ones I've had for years. About $8 for 100. =)

I think if you stick to beef and lamb you're pretty good, but yeah research is always a good idea.

From what I understand the blood testing method is more accurate, and urine strips often only test for certain ketones so there is some trade off.

I read a really comprehensive paper on ketosis recently. Pretty good read.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2367001/

The ketogenic diet has been in clinical use for over 80 years, primarily for the symptomatic treatment of epilepsy. A recent clinical study has raised the possibility that exposure to the ketogenic diet may confer long-lasting therapeutic benefits for patients with epilepsy. Moreover, there is evidence from uncontrolled clinical trials and studies in animal models that the ketogenic diet can provide symptomatic and disease-modifying activity in a broad range of neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, and may also be protective in traumatic brain injury and stroke. These observations are supported by studies in animal models and isolated cells that show that ketone bodies, especially β-hydroxybutyrate, confer neuroprotection against diverse types of cellular injury. This review summarizes the experimental, epidemiological and clinical evidence indicating that the ketogenic diet could have beneficial effects in a broad range of brain disorders characterized by the death of neurons. Although the mechanisms are not yet well defined, it is plausible that neuroprotection results from enhanced neuronal energy reserves, which improve the ability of neurons to resist metabolic challenges, and possibly through other actions including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. As the underlying mechanisms become better understood, it will be possible to develop alternative strategies that produce similar or even improved therapeutic effects without the need for exposure to an unpalatable and unhealthy, high-fat diet.

Keywords: Alzheimer’s disease, cellular energetics, epilepsy, ketone bodies, ketogenic diet, mitochondria, neuroprotection, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, traumatic brain injury

No problem. Most notable thing to me is that ketones are showing to possibly be more efficient energy than glucose. So, the people who like to argue that carbs are good cause glucose is the most direct form of energy can shove it. :)

No problem. Most notable thing to me is that ketones are showing to possibly be more efficient energy than glucose. So, the people who like to argue that carbs are good cause glucose is the most direct form of energy can shove it. :)

I just think of it as a "steady drip" as opposed to the glucose rollercoaster. I think I got this idea from Peter Attia. I remember getting those blood sugar drops, feeling crappy and craving sweet stuff. Now I can just fast until evening if I want and sometimes I don't even think about food.

Also I've noticed my pee reeks of ketones lately so I don't even feel the need to test, lol.

Urine ketones are often too transient for testing them to be useful anyway. Better just to not even bother. If you're restricting carbohydrates heavily why even worry about it. Your body will utilize fatty acids to maintain energy metabolism regardless of what you do if carb intake is low.

I mention it because a lot of people doing keto drive themselves insane trying to "stay in ketosis" testing their pee constantly. No one seems to have told them that you can piss clean

im in keto too. was 12 stone, now 11 1/4.

i could give up meat pretty easy, in fact im looking to buy loads of tofu (fried, yeah!) and chicken quorn bits. i can then just buy loads of curry sauce from the takeaway and have quorn curry with those weird 0% carb rice and noodles etc.

i am missing good rice though. and dread the thought of having to limit it. i love rice all day long time

fish i might have a problem giving up entirely. Even thinking of sushi is making me hungry. heck i cant even seem to give up my own bad habits, like drinking and smoking. sashimi is just amazingbells

hate the cruelty part of it though

nice one on the cutting the strips bit, didnt think of that.

i eat things

I vcould probably be a vegetarian because I like curry and shit, or like I could just have a burrito with beans instead of chicken/beef but I'm too lazy

we don't eat beef practically because my brother couldn't eat red meat so we kind of did it to make him feel better I guess. After that/he moved out it just became a thing

Archived