IGNORED

Die Antwoord

Lucas

I didn't find any official Die Antwoord thread so let's create one.

I'm beginning to love their music and I'm intrigued a lot by them. Especially by their background.

Right now I'm listening to a Watkin Tudor Jones (aka Ninja) release for the first time and I think it's the best thing I could expect. This music sounds amazing. I've never especially been into rap but this thing makes love to my ears.

Any other recommendation welcomed.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but it has the title of one of their tracks, I thought they deserve a proper thread before they have their own forum in the featured artists section :nacmat:

Guest Backson

Die Antwoord are weird in the way that they have discretely captured the heart of Watmm. Nothing about them is very Watmm except for their Aphex Fanboyism.

I do like me some Ant though, so onward to victory I say.

Really like this film they made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMVNjMF1Suo

Yeah, really good one. I read they also made a clip with Harmony Korine but didn't find anything online. Any leads ?

Die Antwoord are weird in the way that they have discretely captured the heart of Watmm. Nothing about them is very Watmm except for their Aphex Fanboyism.

I do like me some Ant though, so onward to victory I say.

Well, I wouldn't say their music is totally a stranger to braindance or IDM. I can hear some very inspired bits in it, and I actually think the correlation with an artist like AFX isn't that surprising. I'm not saying they sometimes sounds like AFX ; it's all about the spirit of it. It's has a incredibly good energy while it's awkward, or sometimes funny.

edit : I checked the information again and it seems that I read it too quickly yesterday. Indeed there's only one work with Harmony Korine, but I was confused because the wiki page mentions the track Wat Kyk Jy.

Die Antwoord and Aphex really are suited for each other in the way Aphex has the element of the prankster about him. They could do an insane track and everyone knows it.

But the next Aphex release would have to be weighty and serious to counterbalance it.

is such a great track

In three weeks I'll make a big party at my place and I definitely plan to drop some Die Antwoord tracks out loud just to make the booties shake and to bang some people's ears (I know a lot of the guests think I've weird musical tastes).

I'd love to dance on that track but maybe it'll be a little too hard for the crowd. Anyway if they dig some softer ones they'll hear Fatty Boom Boom. I might check some other bands that have been recommended to me by a guy which I met at a party because I played some Die Antwoord tracks. The one I remember is Major Lazers. Seems pretty punchy.

Any other idea is welcomed by the way

That's on the MaxNormal.TV album Good Morning South Africa.

Which is quite good.

Thank you, I now enjoy that album quite much. Seems draft sometimes but the tracks still hit for me.

Incredible to see how this was the basis of Die Antwoord and now have evolved into it. I mean, if DA's crew continue to evolve into something else (and possibly more accomplished), there will be some great things coming in the future. I feel confident.

I've seen Die Antwoord live twice, and both times they absolutely slayed it. Anyone who is even remotely interested should check them out if you get a chance.

About a month ago they were at a festival with Aphex Twin and, blasphemy, Die Antwoord totally stole the show.

Archived