IGNORED

2012 Most IDM Tournament - Quarter Finals!

Root5

Vote for 1 in each category  

121 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• Infinity
    • Being socially awkward and uncomfortable
  2. 2. 2

• Slime molds
    • Terraforming planets
  3. 3. 3

• Factories at night
    • www.gaarg.tumblr.com
  4. 4. 4

• Quantum foam
    • Incomplete skyscrapers

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok since I'm hopeless now I'll go with posting the worst pic I ever did on my tumblr. If that doesn't work then its impossible anyway!

That is amazing Gaarg! Are you still taking requests by the by?

Guest volg4
What is 'quantum foam'?

This is an idea that was originally proposed by Nobel physicist John Wheeler back in the early 1960's to describe what space-time 'looks like' at scales of 10^-33 centimeters.

Wheeler imagined that this indeterminacy for space-time required that at the so-called Planck Scale of 10^-33 centimeters and 10^-43 seconds, space-time has a foaminess to it with sudden changes in its geometry into a wealth of complex shapes and textures. You would have quantum black holes appear at 10^-33 centimeters, then evaporate in 10^-43 seconds. Wormholes would form and dissolve, and later theorists even postulated 'baby universe' production could happen under these conditions.

sounds groovy to me... i bet baby universes are cute like kittens

go infinity

go slime

go gaarg

go quantum foam

watmm, i am disappoint

Word. I can't believe Gaarg is gonna be eliminated. Would've made for an amazing compilation.

Yesterday's post (the puppy one) is one of my favorites).

What is 'quantum foam'?

This is an idea that was originally proposed by Nobel physicist John Wheeler back in the early 1960's to describe what space-time 'looks like' at scales of 10^-33 centimeters.

Wheeler imagined that this indeterminacy for space-time required that at the so-called Planck Scale of 10^-33 centimeters and 10^-43 seconds, space-time has a foaminess to it with sudden changes in its geometry into a wealth of complex shapes and textures. You would have quantum black holes appear at 10^-33 centimeters, then evaporate in 10^-43 seconds. Wormholes would form and dissolve, and later theorists even postulated 'baby universe' production could happen under these conditions.

sounds groovy to me... i bet baby universes are cute like kittens

go infinity

go slime

go gaarg

go quantum foam

'Baby Universes' would be a good IDM track title.

Infinity - I'm cool with that but BSAAU would have been funnier

Terraforming Planets - slime molds are neat but GOTTA BACK MAH HORSE. Also I have a pretty good song idea for this

Factories - kinda meh, doesn't deserve to be beating gaarg

Incomplete Skyscrapers - also meh

Nice one gmanyo. Now only 3 votes left, if only 2 people changed it from fucktories to gaarg it would be enough to clean up this mess.

Archived