IGNORED

EDM and Raves under threat of acquisition by big business!

chenGOD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Occasionally a decked-out candy raver will show up to one of our bass music nights clad in day-glo colors and a hula hoop covered in glowsticks.

They stick out like a sore thumb among normally-dressed people.

A lot of times the promoter kicks them out, lol.

pretty sure the candy raver thing was mainly a US fad, back in the 90s none of that shit really happened here in the uk, ok sure you had ravers with white gloves and florescent jackets on with glow sticks but that is NOT the same thing.

Guest dese manz hatin

yes it's most definitely a us.thingy. the most "extreme" thing i've ever seen in europe is that ridiculous bright pink/yellow clothing and hair etc. but even that is very rare and you only really see it in crazy after hours locations.

all you have to do to make more rave cultures is take a cotton swab to the bottom of a dance floor and rub it on some agar dishes

no big deal

But there would be no guarantee that it was a pure rave culture. I would do a stab inoculation into an agar tube containing Marquis Reagent, which turns black in the presence of MDMA, MDE, MDA, DXM and opiates to be sure

and you might end up with an alien-human hybrid Ripley.

Guest Drahken

Candy ravers and happy hardcore. That was a demented genre.

What was especially funny was how as the whole candy kid thing exploded, there was a kind of anti-thesis cliq of 'hardcore junglists' cropping up with their black hoodies and camo pants.

Candy ravers and happy hardcore. That was a demented genre.

What was especially funny was how as the whole candy kid thing exploded, there was a kind of anti-thesis cliq of 'hardcore junglists' cropping up with their black hoodies and camo pants.

:lol:

The candy raver thing certainly happened in the U.S. but seemed to continue longer and at a higher intensity in Canada.

I remember Urb and other magazines kind of covering it and being surprised that it was still going on there.

Ironically it seemed like a lot switched over to jungle in the early 2000s - at least where I lived.

• 2 months later...

PBvRN.jpg

Its the latest hipster craze, pretending other electronic devices are other electronic devices. Nothing looks more ironic than pulling out a TI84 calculator when a chick clad in rave gear with half the hair lobbed off the side of her head gives you her number. She will forego the calling and you'll have a full-blown unknown sexual disease by morning time.

:cerious:

how much of the football culture in the uk spilled over into raves? sometimes when i see people celebrating football together dancing and signing it looks like a rave. Its like Europe was built for communal dancing and singing. We are much less of a communal culture in the usa me thinks for a bunch of reasons

Archived