IGNORED

FBI wants to require Facebook, Skype, etc to allow wiretapping

cear

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's time to divise those services by countries and make them all work with the same protocol but with the servers distributed through the different areas. Like Facebook.eu//ch etc.

i don't think the internet as we know it will be around in a decade--either as a result of government intervention or isps modifying how we access content i.e. a tiered system. here's hoping i'm wrong.

It's time to divise those services by countries and make them all work with the same protocol but with the servers distributed through the different areas. Like Facebook.eu//ch etc.

Im pretty sure its already like that. The contract between facebook and the user has the laws of the country of the user.

Pretty sure the EU over ruled all of that cookie monitoring shit they were gonna do.

Im pretty sure its already like that. The contract between facebook and the user has the laws of the country of the user.

Pretty sure the EU over ruled all of that cookie monitoring shit they were gonna do.

I'm not sure it is that clear, anyway the HQ should be based on some really isolated Island off shore.

whats the difference to this: http://minus.com/mbk9GcJL8A/1g

Not surprised, but it's still disgusting.

It's the whole humanity in the hand of a corrupted nation. This information is some of the most valuable thing around and it has been cosnpurcated by private interests and paranoia.

whats the difference to this: http://minus.com/mbk9GcJL8A/1g

That one requires a warrant/court order. This may surprise you but judges do not just hand them out willy-nilly.

The FBI request is about not needing warrants or anything. It's J. Edgar Hoover's wettest of wet dreams.

Guest Pennywise

just a question that I'm interested in hearing the answer to...

if they caught just one terrorist , would it be justified?

no.

Guest Pennywise

no.

shit answer

explain

Guest Pennywise

Use your head and weight the 2 options.

you mean peoples lives and things that you choose to put on the internet. ie I enjoyed a burger today

you mean peoples lives and things that you choose to put on the internet. ie I enjoyed a burger today

No, it's called privacy and freedom of speech. And it's also a fundamental right protected by the Human rights bill.

Guest Pennywise

No, it's called privacy and freedom of speech.

so you're are happy to let terrorists exploit that and set up attacks?

No, it's called privacy and freedom of speech.

so you're are happy to let terrorists exploit that and set up attacks?

yeah

no.

shit answer

explain

Do I really have to explain to you why allowing the FBI to monitor private conversations (this would include e-mail, private messaging, skype chats etc. not just status updates and what you post on the wall) is not in anyway justifiable without some sort of court order?

people will simply stop using these services and switch to others if this happens. it would be suicide

I wish I could believe this but I'm really not so sure

Archived