IGNORED

Animal Collective - Honeycomb / Gotham

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

any idea if these tracks are going to be on an album or is this just a 7". this is new method of releasing music for them right?

(also it's on spotify)

heard them once and as usual with ac they made no impression. requires more listening.

I read somewhere that the fact that these came out indicates that a new album is almost done but it didnt indicate whether these would be on it. But I'd assume they would be.

Guest spike

i doubt these are on the new LP, these are brand new never heard before, unlike usual where they tour for a bit on the LP material. They sound nothing like the stuff they played on their mini-tour last year. (in a bad way) can't wait for some of that old-new stuff.

i doubt these are on the new LP, these are brand new never heard before, unlike usual where they tour for a bit on the LP material.

i think there are live recordings of these tracks. under different names as usual and very different. not verified with my ears though.

from the AC community:

So much more refined than their live iterations "Frights" and "Your Choice".

from http://animalcollective.org/community/discussion/1483/2-new-ac-songs.

Guest zaphod

how do these guys get more irritating with every song? i didn't mind sung tongs but now the instrumentation is annoying as fuck.

Guest spike

from my memory, i haven't heard any boots from last year, i don't remember them playing any of these songs from the couple of california shows i saw... let me check it out!

Guest spike

ok i checked it out, they played them... man some of the songs they played back then really stood out, these didn't ......

Guest nene multiple assgasms

how do these guys get more irritating with every song? i didn't mind sung tongs but now the instrumentation is annoying as fuck.

did you not hear any of their stuff from before sung tongs?

Guest zaphod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShdX3tkflFE

yeah. i know, it's not really a consistent opinion. i found that album really appealing for whatever reason but lately i think whatever tunefulness or melodic strengths their music possessed before is gone, leaving behind the arrangements and instrumentation, which is just annoying. or i just grew out of this band. it's odd though, i really enjoyed fall be kind. i'm just not sure how i could ever listen to something like this 7inch and not want to drive off a cliff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShdX3tkflFE

i'm just not sure how i could ever listen to something like this 7inch and not want to drive off a cliff.

This. I'm going to be bummed if the album is similar to these tracks. MPP had some of their best material.

Archived