IGNORED

Animal Collective - Painting With

lawrenke

Guest bitroast

I think oddsac has some of their best material

Agree. Personal Favorite. Probably an unpopular opinion.

Managed to get tickets to the Philadelphia show before it sold out. Later found out its the day the album is released and kicks off the tour. Should be good.

oooo should be real good : >

oddsac is pretty sweet as a visual music package but songs like what happened and ... SCREENS .. make it .. something pretty special. first time watching screens was utterly floored :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

am excite

floridada sounds promising, they kind of lost me a bit after merriweather post pavilion (which is my favourite of all), i hope things skew more pandaways with this one. I'd love to hear a whole album of slower stuff

Guest bitroast

am excite

floridada sounds promising, they kind of lost me a bit after merriweather post pavilion (which is my favourite of all), i hope things skew more pandaways with this one. I'd love to hear a whole album of slower stuff

this interview kind of shed some light on the chaotic sound of centipede hz. can assume them acknowledging this means new album might be ' less chaotic '. dunno if that means slow necessarily but it might make for an easier listen at least :)

http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/9782-animal-collectives-primitive-future/

Pitchfork: After recording separately for other projects, is it easy to pick things up together?

G: Not every time, but for this one it was. I don’t know if that’s dependent on our dynamic as much as the circumstances we set up for ourselves. Coming back for Centipede Hz was difficult. It was a super emotional time. Because of the way we set the making of that album up, taking us all to Baltimore, the unsettled nature came out on the record. It was just a very different process from the more easy going one that Merriweather had been. The thing aboutCentipede Hz that also made the recording difficult was how we wrote it for the stage and, before recording, we did a handful of tours where we each had different monitor mixes onstage. So some of us got set ideas about what songs should sound like and where certain parts should fit in. Then, when we went to ooze all four of those different perspectives together—there weren’t battles, but it did lead to a lot of things staying in the mix.

Pitchfork: Did that lead to the decision to not work this new album out by touring?

G: A little bit. For this album, our challenge was to show up with nothing and write together through jamming. We thought it would be cool to do it this way because we’ve never really done it before and because it worked out in terms of what each of us had going on in our lives. We couldn’t just jump back on the road, so we felt this would be a less stressful way to get things done.

am excite

the samples sounded like there were 10 versions of

boys latin on this. which I'm ok with.

• 2 weeks later...

interviews ok. I guess but that requires minimal, if any effort on the labels end

that app was a joke

I just want to listen to the album. the airport thing just played the album for a bunch of strangers

interviews ok. I guess but that requires minimal, if any effort on the labels end

that app was a joke

I just want to listen to the album. the airport thing just played the album for a bunch of strangers

yeah you're not wrong, there's not been much buzz around the album. But then again that's necessarily bad. They have a huge fanbase at this point that is excited regardless of the hype machine, and not every album needs huge buildup before release. Just let it speak for itself

Archived