IGNORED

Blow my mind away with facts

roasty

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, it goes a bit far but I feel like that's just because it is trying to explain it to people who don't know what it is. Yeah, it's not true that when you don't walk you aren't a particle, and yes, people are there if you aren't observing them, but on a small level shit like that happens. Josephson Junctions, man.

Sure, weird things happen at the quantum level, not disputing that. Moving these weird effects to the macroscopic level is what's wrong. If you want to watch documentaries about quantum physics, What the Bleep Do We Know is not the right one, when there are countless documentaries doing it well without adding a bunch of pseudoscience.

What the Bleep Do We Know is not the right one, when there are countless documentaries doing it well without adding a bunch of pseudoscience.

recomend me some please :)

I don't remember names, youtube that shit. I am sure BBC has produced something about that stuff, they tend to do decent popscience documentaries and don't dumb it down too much as American science documentaries often do (imo). Or watch some lectures on youtube.

[media=]

[/media]

Just saw it this mornin' I guess it might concern all of us here :

tumblr_m4egyq3quH1qkvbwso1_500.png

Well that's depressing. But is it an actual factual thing that less brain juice makes everybody less into music? Are there other factors at play? Because I find the older I get the more into all music I get. When I was a kid I didn't like music at all. When I was a teenager I was all like "it's gotta sound just like THIS or else it's NO GOOD". Now I hear all sorts of random stuff from Soundcloud or random genres I hadn't previously listened to & think "ooh that's tight"

Anyway random fact this was the first picture on the internet:

Les_Horribles_Cernettes_in_1992.jpg

Guest dese manz hatin

fact: i just opened the second wine bottle

fact: Damo Suzuki and the rest of Can made the best *rock music ever

fact: i got 4 hours of slepp in three days

fact: I have never felt more whatever than now

fact: i'm drunk as hell

fact: i don't give a shit

seen

What the Bleep Do We Know is not the right one, when there are countless documentaries doing it well without adding a bunch of pseudoscience.

recomend me some please :)

I don't remember names, youtube that shit. I am sure BBC has produced something about that stuff, they tend to do decent popscience documentaries and don't dumb it down too much as American science documentaries often do (imo). Or watch some lectures on youtube.

[media=]

[/media]

Whoa. That took some time and energy to sit through, and halfway in seemed like a real boring math let down, but in the end it all fit in nicely and turned out to be an even bigger mindblow. Correlations without correlata is now my favourite phrase. And the dude even quoted a Koan!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

when a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, its body turns into a sac of fluid and is reformed from scratch. despite this, they can remember things they learned as caterpillars.

Not sure I believe the last bit, how could you tell? Still bloody amazing though, butterflies/caterpillars.

http://www.scienceda...80304200858.htm

edit: looks like someone beat me to it.

when a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, its body turns into a sac of fluid and is reformed from scratch. despite this, they can remember things they learned as caterpillars.

I just repeated this fact to my mother and she gave me back a pretty lackluster "oh wow darling". i was all like "what, are you not amazed??!"

This species is extinct.

LvWangDingHead04.jpg

It's a subtle mindfuck, but they're gone forever and there never will be another. But that's a picture of one right there.

Not sure I believe the last bit, how could you tell? Still bloody amazing though, butterflies/caterpillars.

http://www.scienceda...80304200858.htm

The Georgetown researchers found that tobacco hornworm caterpillars could be trained to avoid particular odors delivered in association with a mild shock. When adult moths emerged from the pupae of trained caterpillars, they also avoided the odors, showing that they retained their larval memory.

Life is so amazing sometimes, it makes me want to punch myself in the face

But does the tobacco hornworm caterpillar turn into a sac of just fluid when it undergoes its metamorphosis? It's my understanding that there are different ways of metamorphosis and I couldn't find any sources to the claim that they form into a fluid before turning into a butterfly.

This species is extinct.

LvWangDingHead04.jpg

It's a subtle mindfuck, but they're gone forever and there never will be another. But that's a picture of one right there.

Fuck China and their dam building.

John Peel certainly never had this problem.

i dunno

teenage dreams -are- hard to beat,

he knew this

Just read this:

"A kick in the balls is above 9000 del (units) of pain, which is similar to giving birth to 161 kids and breaking up to 3210 bones at a time."

(Probably internet nonsense, I mean, it´s over 9000?!)

I will call bullshit

broken bones hurt like fuck

i dunno

he knew this

its because when you are new to music everything is interesting. It takes much more after some years of music experience to still be impressed

i dunno

he knew this

its because when you are new to music everything is interesting. It takes much more after some years of music experience to still be impressed

Much more effort and much more digging if you ask me.

Archived