IGNORED

Moog for Google

gmanyo

Just noticed that today's Google special is for Robert Moog's birthday (May 23). I looked at it and was all like "wtf is that a minimoog?". It was.

moog12-hp.png

It might be because of your time zone. Also, I can't get it to play for some reason.

edit:

nvm got it working

This is confusing, the options are not in the same place as they are on the actual Minimoog.

Now that we are all sick of hearing about this today, no one will take the time to read, but I was curious about the code behind the doodle. Mashable finally reported on it, and this bit is the nugget I was looking for:

Interestingly, there was a recent development that helped make the fully-functioning, virtual Moog device possible: a new API from Google. Hurst said Google recently added the Web Audio API to Google Chrome. It provides, he said, “Really high-quality, low-latency audio” in the browser, but not in all Web browsers. Outside of Chrome, the Moog Doodle turns into pure Flash.

source: http://mashable.com/...e-inside-story/

Was wondering how they achieved the ability to manipulate the sound with knob adjustments as well as load the thing so quickly in-browser. So basically it's "live" in Chrome only, and other browsers (Firefox, IE, etc.) it's just a Flash thingie. I tried loading the "Desktop" version of the Google home page on the iPhone and clicking the Moog just takes you to Moog search results.

Archived