IGNORED

E3 2012

Npoess

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sexual violence is not a term we should throw around for beating someone at the Call of Duty

Not to change the current subject, but it looks like Nintendo still hasn't learned - they are now saying they will monitor, approve, and censor all conversations between players in their Miiverse social space, and feel a 30 minute delay between approvals is acceptable.

Imagine if WATMM was like that, where Mods had to pre-approve all posts? :trollface:

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, not that Nintendo's solution to things is the right one, but if I have to hear or read anything from online console gamers, I will cease to play the game in question.

Not to change the current subject, but it looks like Nintendo still hasn't learned - they are now saying they will monitor, approve, and censor all conversations between players in their Miiverse social space, and feel a 30 minute delay between approvals is acceptable.

Imagine if WATMM was like that, where Mods had to pre-approve all posts? :trollface:

maybe in the basic communication you will be given things to say from a list, like an rpg. keeping it child safe ???

I watched last night's presentation this morning, and God the 3DS graphics are fuckin shite!!

What game specifically? All of them? the new Paper Mario game didn't look that bad...

maybe in the basic communication you will be given things to say from a list, like an rpg. keeping it child safe ???

That would be a better solution, but that sort of limits the social aspect they're trying to generate behind this...

Doesn't look like it's a multiple choice thing

Guest couch

I want to be excited about console gaming. Dunno man I dunno. :/

Seeing the contrived family playing whatever wii thing that was in the spotless sterilized lifeless living room just made me face palm and cringe. Everything looked so forced, awkward and not sincere. Who are they trying to market their gaming console to? I certainly didn't feel motivated to buy that shit. And I honestly want to be excited enough to go out and buy a 360 or whatever.

A lot of people think we've already seen next-gen tech at E3, although the developers won't admit it - Star Wars 1313 and Watch Dogs look far too good to be running on current-gen tech, although both are listed for the current gen of consoles.

Makes sense. I wish they would stop milking this old hardware now...

If they would announced Watch Dog and Star Wars 1313 for next gen consoles. It could take sales/hype away from titles like GTA V, Halo 4 and COD: Black Ops 2, The Last of Us. I think they've been told by MS or Sony to shut their mouths till next year, when they probably will announce new consoles.

The really sad thing is Nintendo will have barely a year's time to establish the Wii U (if at all, depending on when Sony and Microsoft choose to announce their next gen consoles; analysts seem to think both will announce their new consoles and possibly release them before the end of 2013), sort of what happened with the Nintendo 64 vs the PS1 and Sega Saturn.

Sony has a policy of developers not being allowed to show their software on PC kits, that they must be running on the actual hardware, so I think that's why both were absent from Sony's sizzle reels and promotions at E3.

Seeing the contrived family playing whatever wii thing that was in the spotless sterilized lifeless living room just made me face palm and cringe. Everything looked so forced, awkward and not sincere. Who are they trying to market their gaming console to? I certainly didn't feel motivated to buy that shit. And I honestly want to be excited enough to go out and buy a 360 or whatever.

not basement dwellers like us, that's for sure. that's about the only demographic nintendo doesn't try to appeal to.

because it's a given that they'll buy every console, or won't buy consoles at all.

edit: btw the answer is: everyone else

Guest couch

A lot of people think we've already seen next-gen tech at E3, although the developers won't admit it - Star Wars 1313 and Watch Dogs look far too good to be running on current-gen tech, although both are listed for the current gen of consoles.

1313 intrigues me. Dark Forces, JK2 and Shadows of the Empire(n64) were some of my favorite games.

not basement dwellers like us, that's for sure. that's about the only demographic nintendo doesn't try to appeal to.

because it's a given that they'll buy every console, or won't buy consoles at all.

You think Nintendo would just do some epic reveal for a Zelda game and people would go nuts and the hype would be crazy.

1313 intrigues me. Dark Forces, JK2 and Shadows of the Empire(n64) were some of my favorite games.

You think Nintendo would just do some epic reveal for a Zelda game and people would go nuts and the hype would be crazy.

I've never understood why the Zelda games take so damn long to make - they don't seem as complicated as games like Final Fantasy, with all the assets to create, animate, etc.

Guest Mirezzi

Writing a compelling, thoughtful narrative takes time, too. The bulk of the recent FF releases are comprised of 90% tedium and 10% story.

Writing a compelling, thoughtful narrative takes time, too. The bulk of the recent FF releases are comprised of 90% tedium and 10% story.

LOL - every Zelda game's "story" is a variation of the original game's (for the most part)...

Guest Mirezzi

LOL - every Zelda game's "story" is a variation of the original game's (for the most part)...

Oh, of that I have no doubt and I should have prefaced that comment by saying I don't play Zelda.

Bemoaning the lack of good narrative in modern games is my new hobbyhorse, apparently.

GOod g0D !! Miyamoto really has no clue does he.

But then we keep thinking that their brand would mature with us. It won't cause their market is 5-10 year olds. And their mothers (wiifit). They make a mint from this demographic and don't really want to upset that brand premium they get from being the safe cheap happy happy consolu.

Archived