IGNORED

E3 2012

Npoess

Guest Mirezzi

At the end of the day, can we blame Nintendo? They've CLEARLY succeeded beyond all reasonable expectations with the Wii by slamming the shit out of these 5-10 year-olds and their minivan mamas.

This is me playing devil's advocate as a parent, but I'm hoping my daughter can play silly games as an 8 year-old without being called a nig*er cunt jew.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is me playing devil's advocate as a parent, but I'm hoping my daughter can play silly games as an 8 year-old without being called a nig*er cunt jew.

agrees

Guest couch

I'm pushing 30 and one of the reasons I avoid online competitive multiplayer (those of you who tried to get me to play hardcore minecraft server know) is because of all the "cuntface fag jew" type language that players use. It just sucks the fun out of the games. I remember playing counter-strike before 1.4 when I quit and yes there was foul language but it wasn't so over the top and ridiculous. It was almost like there was some unwritten code of chivalry. Now it's like you log into a halo lobby and get called a fagtron-cuntwaffle for no reason at all. I'm just like dude you need to chill out.

Guest couch

Oh I pretty much can't talk in online games because my redneck accent just begs to be made fun of. :/

Also I lold @ that.

Guest couch

TF2 was always a blast and seemed to attract a more laid back crowd of players that weren't looking to e-thug it up at the slightest provocation.

lol, e-thugs. COD players seem to think they're at work doing important stuff instead of having fun playing computer games. I can't understand all the immature rage that's out there, but it's completely off-putting.

At the end of the day, can we blame Nintendo? They've CLEARLY succeeded beyond all reasonable expectations with the Wii by slamming the shit out of these 5-10 year-olds and their minivan mamas.

That's simple - unless the game absolutely requires it (most don't from what I've seen), just mute them. I never talk or play with a headset due to the annoying people who want to chit chat while playing or the mongoloids who like to curse every other word every time something happens.

Guest couch

I was really stoned while watching the Watch Dogs thing and the only thing I could think of was:

Why go through all the effort making the cut scene graphics ultra realistic? Just use real actors wing-commander style, except you know, do it better.

I see games like Star Wars 1313, and while beautiful looking...all I can think is "quick time event, quick time event, quick time event".

That's all games are nowadays - Hell Dragons Lair et al would do brilliant if released nowadays and had flashy buttons on screen at every action.

*has idea*

*realises I can't code for shit*

I just think more action games of this kind simply need to be more like Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/Dragon's Dogma. In terms of skill required and challenge. The game play doesn't have to be exactly the same, but I am tired of rail shooters and quick time events.

Guest Rambo

Sexual violence is not a term we should throw around for beating someone at the Call of Duty

Exactly. There are certain things that should be off limits when you are trying to enjoy simulated murder.

Sexual violence is not a term we should throw around for beating someone at the Call of Duty

Exactly. There are certain things that should be off limits when you are trying to enjoy simulated murder.

i lol'd

three things specifically: the roll Isaac does (I wonder how many other combat manoeuvres they're going to add), the way he uses cover (imagine if they put in a full-blown cover system, UGH) and the co-op shooting thing (which reminds me of Army of Two).

none of those things are specifically unique to Gears of War, neither by themselves or even taken into context of a third person perspective game.

as for the laser sights, they've not been completely removed. They're still there, but significantly muted, to the point where a crosshair is necessary. I agree, this is a bit shitty.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Can someone explain to me which part of the E3 demo of Dead Space 3 looks like Gears of War?

it looks EXACTLY like gears of war.

a lot of the games this e3 look pretty fun. a few look great. people always complain about every e3. watch dogs looks like it could be amazing.

Can someone explain to me which part of the E3 demo of Dead Space 3 looks like Gears of War?

Shut it mouth breather and go back to PC island!

:flower:

Are you calling our boys and girls in the armed forces protecting us from the enemies of freedom, murderers?

Pinko!

it looks EXACTLY like gears of war.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

(double post)

Until someone can cite a unique aspect of Gears of War that is evident in the 2-3 mins of preliminary footage shown of Dead Space 3, you're all chatting shit.

Archived