IGNORED

Your thoughts on: Aeo3/3hae? Ah3ep & Ha3oe?

Guest boardsofautechre

Guest boardsofautechre

Never heard both of these titles. Could someone PM me for a link or etc? Dying to hear the rest it's beauty.

Trying to make a playlist and I thought that placing their Resonance live radio set they did in 2003 would be nice, then the extended ambient wood structures thing, and then ae3oxh3ae. Any other types of droney and slightly unnerving sets ae has done I should be aware of?

The first one is the one I've heard and it's not bad, not entirely droney really, and I can't link you or PM you the album, but I'm sure you'll find it online eventually; the one hint I'll give you is that there's more to the internet than merely the web.

Please don't ask for links to commercial releases man - copyright and all that...

But yeah there's three of the releases, the first was 1x cd, the second 2x cd and the third 2x dvd. They generally seem more Hafler Trio in style than Autechre so if you want more of the same check out Hafler Trio's releases from the last couple of decades.

I forgot I own it!

Okay, my comments were aimed towards the first two. Need to listen to 3 whenever I can kick my flatmates out and whack them on the surround system in the lounge.

We waited so long for it and it's far beyond the other previous volumes. I listened to it once and was happy I didn't bought it myself. The last Hafler Trio albums had the same problem. Put a violin sample in Paulstretch, make some EQ adjustements and release this as a three hour trip on three CDs in fancy artwork.

His LP works are mostly better. Didn't see what Autechre have done in this volume but maybe Andrew has screwed their sounds beyond recognition.

Shit is too concrete for me. I'd rather listen to more autechr'ey stuff with melody, ambience, beats, etc... Envane, Draft, shit event the Anti ep. Getting to (into? is that possible) these releases is really like hitting rock bottom with your autechre addiction, right after listening to all the 12-hour radio broadcasts in a row and pawning your mate's gear to get some Quaristice soundboards.

Getting to (into? is that possible) these releases is really like hitting rock bottom with your autechre addiction, right after listening to all the 12-hour radio broadcasts in a row ...

Hitting rock bottom due to the dedication that'd involve doing them in one go or because of the quality of them ? I'm hoping the former as they're bloody ace (They normally take me about a week or two to-and-from work to get through each one)

I suppose a bit of both as I'd classify these more as "atonal/textural sound-design vignettes" rather than "music" - it takes a special dedication to really get into the former that I clearly lack even as a diehard ae fan.

Getting to (into? is that possible) these releases is really like hitting rock bottom with your autechre addiction.

Heh, this pretty much sums it up - I remember coughing up the £25 for the third one, even though the 1st two were (IMO) painfully uninteresting to listen to.

I think buying the '3 telepathics' release was my personal low point though - that one truly was awful. My name's Dan and I have a problem...

Never heard both of these titles. Could someone PM me for a link or etc? Dying to hear the rest it's beauty.

Trying to make a playlist and I thought that placing their Resonance live radio set they did in 2003 would be nice, then the extended ambient wood structures thing, and then ae3oxh3ae. Any other types of droney and slightly unnerving sets ae has done I should be aware of?

What's the extended ambient wood structures thing?

You could check out Sean Booth collabo with NHK and Mika Vainio if you dig the aeH30 stuff.

Apologies I meant more specifically their radio broadcasts rather than the collaborations ...

Ah no worries, nothing but love for those mixes here, but damn they're beasts to work through... I'd never thought to break them up across commutes/road trips - good idea.

Heh, this pretty much sums it up - I remember coughing up the £25 for the third one, even though the 1st two were (IMO) painfully uninteresting to listen to.

I think buying the '3 telepathics' release was my personal low point though - that one truly was awful. My name's Dan and I have a problem...

Haha, forgot about that one completely. Some of the NHK (Kouhei) stuff I've checked out is pretty decent, though I can't even get through an entire Pan Sonic album without wanting to drill a hole in my head...

Getting to (into? is that possible) these releases is really like hitting rock bottom with your autechre addiction, right after listening to all the 12-hour radio broadcasts in a row and pawning your mate's gear to get some Quaristice soundboards.

Agreed, especially compared to the rest of the AE catalog; though these sets certainly have their moments. A more thorough understanding of Hafler Trio may be needed to fully appreciate these (an understanding which I lack as of yet). Someday I may come around and suddenly find the latent brilliance within these releases; until then they are helping to flesh out my OCD Autechre collection nicely :)

Guest 2062

We waited so long for it and it's far beyond the other previous volumes. I listened to it once and was happy I didn't bought it myself. The last Hafler Trio albums had the same problem. Put a violin sample in Paulstretch, make some EQ adjustements and release this as a three hour trip on three CDs in fancy artwork.

His LP works are mostly better. Didn't see what Autechre have done in this volume but maybe Andrew has screwed their sounds beyond recognition.

He told me there is no loops on the records I suppose you are talking about [Nextera]

Though I am disagree wildly with your arguments.

He told me there is no loops on the records I suppose you are talking about [Nextera]

Though I am disagree wildly with your arguments.

Yep, the trilogy. Sorry, but his best works he has done are the remixes for Fovea Hex, his 10inch serie on Die Stadt and the first and second collab with Autechre.

As I said- I love also his Important releases but he has sometimes really fillers in his discography. Sold for serious money too.

He also told me he didn't get any money from releases because of productions costs.

I also feel that the third one is the best mostly because of it's length and because it is in surround sound which is something... fresh, for me at least.

He also told me he didn't get any money from releases because of productions costs.

I also feel that the third one is the best mostly because of it's length and because it is in surround sound which is something... fresh, for me at least.

Well to lower my negative comment on his work I must admit that I really love his older stuff. Mostly the things that are musique concrete with a hint of manipulation. He is really talented in that, and he shows it more cleary there.

Archived