IGNORED

Yagya - The Inescapable Decay Of My Heart

Redruth

I don't understand all the negative reactions to the vocals I'm reading in various places about this. @YO303, they are not cringeworthy, they are European. Consequently they are different... not familiar to certain ears. I implore everyone to think outside of the "US accent" box that has become the tired cliché of almost every genre when it comes to vocals.

And honestly, what exactly is everyone expecting from the instrumental versions? You can hear what these pieces are going to sound like as instrumentals with even the tiniest amount of effort or imagination. They will sound like 'Rigning' or 'Will I dream during the process?' or 'Rhythm of Snow' with an almost pop slant.

I think we should be overjoyed that Yagya and Klik have chosen to include the instrumental versions because they realised that the vocals might not everyone's chosen beverage, but equally recognise the fact that any instrumental version will always lack the vocal centre around which the originals were composed.

Yeah i'm going to wait for the instrumentals, vocals are cringeworthy.

They're really not.

I'm guessing you don't listen to much electronic music with a pop-slant. Bjork? The Knife? Trentemoller? Anything on Kompakt?

I can - just about - understand someone not liking this, because they're hardened dub techno fans and they were expecting more of the usual Yagya (and because it's been such a long wait), but otherwise I think it's just weird to dismiss the album instantly because of the vocals. And to say they're cringe-worthy, when they're really not. It's very much in the vein of a lot of electronic music from Northern Europe; Lulu Rouge, Fever Ray, Bjork, for example.

I don't understand all the negative reactions to the vocals I'm reading in various places about this. @YO303, they are not cringeworthy, they are European. Consequently they are different... not familiar to certain ears. I implore everyone to think outside of the "US accent" box that has become the tired cliché of almost every genre when it comes to vocals.

It has nothing to do with European accent you fool stop assuming nonsense. I'm just not into those kind of vocals, the angelic celin dion trance music type of vocals, plus the lyrics are fucking awful.

I love Yagya's stuff, he is one of my favourites, his music is good enough without vocals.

It has nothing to do with European accent you fool stop assuming nonsense. I'm just not into those kind of vocals, the angelic celin dion trance music type of vocals, plus the lyrics are fucking awful.

I love Yagya's stuff, he is one of my favourites, his music is good enough without vocals.

Oh you know what, forget I said anything....

Guest TheWallOfSacrifice

great fan of the man. samples sound interesting!

i've seen discogs folks comparing this one to tiesto.. :crazy:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand the fascination with the vocals / non-vocals. People seem to be questioning it so much and yet this doesn't happen with other releases. For me, the vocals feel like a part of the music as a whole, not something tacked-on as an after-thought. It forms part of a greater whole. Why bother breaking stuff down into elements that you like/dislike? It seems odd. Although I suppose by providing an instrumental CD he's invited it. Perhaps Mr. Yagya had foresight into what a bunch of stuck-in-their-ways, unwilling-to-accept-anything-different-from-the-norm old cunts dub techno fanboys can be.

• 5 weeks later...

The time is now!

Finally got it. Amazon got it in stock for £14 (I refuse to pay £19 for a CD, double or not).

Heard a few tracks before getting the CD and it sounds lovely. Perfect autumn soundtrack, hopefully.

• 1 year later...

Archived