IGNORED

Microsoft Surface

skotosa

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't buy it because they decided to give a it a stupid name that is obviously trying too hard to be the iPad.

surface-pad pad-surface

Then again I probably won't use these devices until they are able to be surgically implanted in my arm.

The keyboard looks interesting.

And the x86 version is cool too. Thats basically a tablet/ultrabook hybrid. e.g. it could run a full DAW, or Ableton, or anything you want really.

I think this is pretty good stuff. Microsoft are aiming to be innovative here - a device and OS that scales from tablet to full PC.

e.g. see this bit

(ignore dudes stuttery presentation)

That looks really cool.

I reckon if I could afford one though, I'd break it just by looking at it.

It can shatter a rock in two, you've got nothing to worry about.

And the x86 version is cool too. Thats basically a tablet/ultrabook hybrid. e.g. it could run a full DAW, or Ableton, or anything you want really.

I think this is pretty good stuff. Microsoft are aiming to be innovative here - a device and OS that scales from tablet to full PC.

e.g. see this bit

It could, if Windows 8 wasn't so restrictive on how Apps are handled...

e.g. see this bit

Apps wont matter; the x86 version of Surface will work just like a laptop.

e.g. see this bit

Apps wont matter; the x86 version of Surface will work just like a laptop.

I was referring to how Windows 8 handles App management... regardless of whether it's Windows 8 RT or Windows 8 [insert silly 'version' name here]

Archived