IGNORED

London™ 2012™ Olympics®

Rubin Farr

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Absolutely amazing. I don't think anyone could make it up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-18991619

Couldn't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRRw1ERj2Gc

Speaking after the match, North Korea's coach Sin Ui Gun said: "Our team was not going to participate unless the problem was solved properly. "Unfortunately it took some time later for the broadcast to be done again properly and we made the decision to go on with the match." He added: "Our players cannot be shown especially with other flags, especially the South Korean one. "If this matter had not been solved, continuing would have been a nonsense."

nonce-sense.jpg

i bet whatever 14 year old work experience kid they got to do the flag + photo graphics never even knew there was a north and south korea.

Probably the same kid who selected the apartheid-era South African national anthem at the London Cup in June.

Guest jasondonervan

In today's paper... quick work! (Although a South Korean friend of mine tells me the word order is wrong, she says 'Specsavers' should be first):

317b7ft.jpg

Guest Roksen Creek

Ha, that Specsavers joke is just like the Arabic signs in Westfield, the wrong way round.

Can't even get the jokes right, unless they are being extra clever.

Anyone watching the Olympic countdown? It's a shambles.

i guess they put specsavers at the end so people would realise the korean writing says "should've gone to [specsavers]" - if they put it at the beginning, UK people might not have got it i suppose.

Guest Roksen Creek

Yeah, I guess it's probably not that important for the joke to work for North and South Koreans!

Guest Gary C

Danny Boyle has nailed the opening ceremony, btw. I'd suggest you guys catch the highlights at some point.

Guest Roksen Creek

It's pretty good, I must admit. The abide with me part has made me appreciate contemporay dance. I thought it was all wank, but I was wrong.

they played fuck buttons

THANK YOU - couldn't place it for the life of me... strange to hear old underworld b-sides blasted out too. Damn my life has changed since i was last listening to them in some sweaty Manchester club somewhere.

Hopefully fuck buttons can advertise as 'opening music from London 2012 Olympic games' now.

Archived