IGNORED

Trees Buried Under Snow

BCM

Saw this on Wired and thought it was pretty IDM...might be jazz though...

Ghostly-images-of-trees-buried-under-foot-of-snow-captured-in-the-Arctic-Circle-3.jpg

Ghostly-images-of-trees-buried-under-foot-of-snow-captured-in-the-Arctic-Circle.jpg

Ghostly-images-of-trees-buried-under-foot-of-snow-captured-in-the-Arctic-Circle-2.jpg

Ghostly-images-of-trees-buried-under-foot-of-snow-captured-in-the-Arctic-Circle-4.jpg

Ghostly-images-of-trees-buried-under-foot-of-snow-captured-in-the-Arctic-Circle-5.jpg

It looks like an alien world, but these incredible pictures show trees buried under a foot of snow. The extraordinary landscape is located close to the Arctic Circle, where temperatures can drop as low as -40C. In the dramatic sub-zero temperatures, the snow and frost become so thick it disguises the entire landscape.

Having seen those kind of trees regularly since I was born I don't feel the IDMy otherworldliness, lol. All that comes to my mind from those images is that the weather looks fucking cold and thankfully it's not that cold right now.

Having seen those kind of trees regularly since I was born I don't feel the IDMy otherworldliness, lol. All that comes to my mind from those images is that the weather looks fucking cold and thankfully it's not that cold right now.

sisu_finnish_pride_t_shirt_tshirt-p235445387783027141b7p5q_400.jpg

In my hometown we had a really bad winter storm one year after which all of the tree branches were covered in a half inch of ice. The whole city felt like some sort of metropolitan Narnia.

sisu_finnish_pride_t_shirt_tshirt-p235445387783027141b7p5q_400.jpg

i'm not sure why i've never suggested Finland for most idm. will have to remember that one for next year.

yeah they look like clouds, clouds that you'd think look like penises.

i'm not sure why i've never suggested Finland for most idm. will have to remember that one for next year.

Haha, yes. That's quite appropriate because we're all socially awkward, emotionally distant, obsessed with order and organization and just generally weird in Finland.

:cerious: I may need to consider moving abroad.

Archived