IGNORED

The Flashbulb - Hardscrabble

Guest swerZZZ

Guest CraniumXII

Amazing... Really no respect for this guy, huh... I like some of the tracks.

Back of the Yards, The Bridgeport Run, Alley Acid, Last Bank, & DIN Celebration are dope... The Melted Birthday Cake track is half good as is The Basement Trio... The rest are whatever, as they sorta remind me of BT, which is never a good thing :/

Anyway, if you like this guy... It's his best release since Welcome to Chicago, IMO.

the second one has some okay moments. i wouldn't buy this.

Seriously, if this was by Ceephax or Wisp, everybody would pee their pants

incorrect. There was even plenty of Wisp bashing when he released The Shimmering Hour (which pisses all over most of FLAHBULBs output btw)

False. The +50-pages Shimmering Hour thread mostly praises the album, cause yes, it's a good album, and the Flashbulb never delivered such an album. That's the reason there is no +50-pages Flashbulb release thread.

What i'm pointing out here is that people have a problem to enjoy a song for its own, disregarding the rest of the discography of the artist. Imagine if David Guetta would compose a track like "Vordhosbn", out of the blue (i know, it's impossible, but imagine). Knowing it is composed by David Guetta, would it stop you from enjoying it ?

if David Guetta makes a Vordhosbn im all over it.

This is fucking cracking me the fuck up.

incorrect. There was even plenty of Wisp bashing when he released The Shimmering Hour (which pisses all over most of FLAHBULBs output btw)

False. The +50-pages Shimmering Hour thread mostly praises the album, cause yes, it's a good album, and the Flashbulb never delivered such an album. That's the reason there is no +50-pages Flashbulb release thread.

What i'm pointing out here is that people have a problem to enjoy a song for its own, disregarding the rest of the discography of the artist. Imagine if David Guetta would compose a track like "Vordhosbn", out of the blue (i know, it's impossible, but imagine). Knowing it is composed by David Guetta, would it stop you from enjoying it ?

I realize now how ridiculous was this statement :s

BTW, i second Cranium, one of his best release, but that's still not very good. I give this album a "meh, could be so much better/10", cause the guy has skills, but he is too damn "scholar" and consensual.

I realize now how ridiculous was this statement :s

BTW, i second Cranium, one of his best release, but that's still not very good. I give this album a "meh, could be so much better/10", cause the guy has skills, but he is too damn "scholar" and consensual.

typical FLAHbulb hater. why don't you get off your high horse and just admit the man is a genius?

I didn't like the start of it but it gets more interesting later. It's a mixture of XMD5a and Squarepusher's newest stuff. It's perplexing that he can be so successful without adding one single original idea to his song, even the most elementary one. If Aphex Twin and Squarepusher toured America more often then people wouldn't need to go to Flashbulb's concerts. I hate it when a song deliberately sounds like a direct copy of a specific song. It's cool for people to make acid and drum and bass, but why did flashbulb feel the need to copy the exact track? At least with Aphex Twin, when he copied Erik Satie's style, he eventually managed to transform it into a new style by using analogue ring modulation on the piano in XMD5a. It's like buying your kid a Chinese Traesfermer toy instead of a genuine Transformer! Just kidding, hehe.

I didn't like the start of it but it gets more interesting later. It's a mixture of XMD5a and Squarepusher's newest stuff. It's perplexing that he can be so successful without adding one single original idea to his song, even the most elementary one. If Aphex Twin and Squarepusher toured America more often then people wouldn't need to go to Flashbulb's concerts. I hate it when a song deliberately sounds like a direct copy of a specific song. It's cool for people to make acid and drum and bass, but why did flashbulb feel the need to copy the exact track? At least with Aphex Twin, when he copied Erik Satie's style, he eventually managed to transform it into a new style by using analogue ring modulation on the piano in XMD5a. It's like buying your kid a Chinese Traesfermer toy instead of a genuine Transformer! Just kidding, hehe.

well it is true that these were all piss-take songs he made with whatever warez and VSTs he had on his laptop at the time while lying in bed with his girlfriend, soooo

Archived