IGNORED

The Flashbulb - Hardscrabble

Guest swerZZZ

Dont know, is anybody care about new Flashbulb's fiasco LP, but its good news.

Pre-order now, very limited deluxe editions available: http://alphabasic.my...lb-hardscrabble

Released by: Alphabasic Records

Release/catalogue number: ALPH090

Release date: Oct 23, 2012

And two tracks: first sounds like new/old/any Squarepusher

http://soundcloud.com/bennjordan/cake

second:

http://theflashbulb....um/hardscrabble

Seriously, if this was by Ceephax or Wisp, everybody would pee their pants, but nooo, it's TEH FLASHBULB, so, let's bash him, cause you know, it feels good man. I don't like this attitude. From time to time, he can write really good songs.

I really like the first one, very chill and nice, somenone on the Soundcloud dubbed it "warped dubstep with acid". As Friendly Foil said, it's a bit impersonal, but it's well produced, so it works for me.

The second one, i don't know. It's border-cheesy, and a bit tiring.

I will certainly give this album a listen or two :)

the second one has some okay moments. i wouldn't buy this.

Seriously, if this was by Ceephax or Wisp, everybody would pee their pants

incorrect. There was even plenty of Wisp bashing when he released The Shimmering Hour (which pisses all over most of FLAHBULBs output btw)

Seriously, if this was by Ceephax or Wisp, everybody would pee their pants, but nooo, it's TEH FLASHBULB, so, let's bash him, cause you know, it feels good man. I don't like this attitude.

My understanding is that he largely brought this upon himself with his persona, whereas I can't think of anything about sea facts and vvisp that would predispose people to dislike them (and dismiss their musics accordingly).

Guest W32MyDoom

This will be great, always loved the flahbulb. Saw him in Seattle a month or two ago and the show was absolutely incredible. I pre ordered and will continue to support a talented artist who releases regularly.

incorrect. There was even plenty of Wisp bashing when he released The Shimmering Hour (which pisses all over most of FLAHBULBs output btw)

False. The +50-pages Shimmering Hour thread mostly praises the album, cause yes, it's a good album, and the Flashbulb never delivered such an album. That's the reason there is no +50-pages Flashbulb release thread.

What i'm pointing out here is that people have a problem to enjoy a song for its own, disregarding the rest of the discography of the artist. Imagine if David Guetta would compose a track like "Vordhosbn", out of the blue (i know, it's impossible, but imagine). Knowing it is composed by David Guetta, would it stop you from enjoying it ?

Only posting in this thread because I live two streets away from Hardscrabble Road. I seriously doubt that this is what Flashbulb is referring to, as Hardscrabble is synonymous around here with heavy traffic and a lane-widening job that still hasn't got off the ground yet...unless this is the electronic tribute to being stuck behind a smoggy school bus at 4 PM!

Guest EleminoP

False. The +50-pages Shimmering Hour thread mostly praises the album, cause yes, it's a good album, and the Flashbulb never delivered such an album. That's the reason there is no +50-pages Flashbulb release thread.

What i'm pointing out here is that people have a problem to enjoy a song for its own, disregarding the rest of the discography of the artist. Imagine if David Guetta would compose a track like "Vordhosbn", out of the blue (i know, it's impossible, but imagine). Knowing it is composed by David Guetta, would it stop you from enjoying it ?

I think I'd be fairly impressed and dig it, actually.

The Flashbulb hasn't been impressing me. I like some of the Lawn Wakes though.

the cake track sucks... he should release more acidwolf or more red extensions/kirlian (or whatever) type of stuff

Red Extensions/Kirlian Selections are my favorites, too. However, I disagree about the new tracks, they made me curious about the rest of the album. I actually like them better than his other recent stuff...

still like his (pre)&sublight stuff,

never get to listen to it anymore though.. watmm gave it a bad connation, i dunno?

his latest stuff hasn't catch any interest in me as well. and the track of the op is pretty damn MEH.

if David Guetta makes a Vordhosbn im all over it.

Man I remember how much I liked him back when I was a teen. Since those days I can't muster up the strength to listen to him like I used to.

Archived