IGNORED

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

beerwolf

I was only thinking a few days ago about buying this again as my original resembles something dug out of a garbage dump and wouldn't get past the first track before fff-f-f-f-f-ffff-fuc-c-c-c-kin-ggggg up on playback.

So it seems the music Gods have decided to bestow upon us this leviathan!! Unfortunately this means instead of costing me a tenner it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg. Oh well, sounds tasty.

http://www.factmag.com/2012/10/02/smashing-pumpkins-mellon-collie-and-the-infinite-sadness-to-get-a-colossal-reissue/

Edited by Redruth

Guest Frankie5fingers

hell yeah. what an amazing album. i will buy this again, hell ill buy two of these cause i loved the album so much.

Some more info, including a track list: http://www.crestfall...ness/#more-8335

OMG

DIZZLE. SPEED. BLAST. LOVER. TOWERS OF RABBLE.

A MCIS-era version of Eye? A whole track dedicated to the instrumental middle 8 from Beautiful?

FUCK YES.

Oooh, I've always wanted a better mastered version of Tales of a Scorched Earth, that song rips but it's mastered terribly

See I've always LOVED the production on that. Corgan has done the whole "intense overmodulated metal" thing at other times too.

[youtubehd]5B2wgkkVm94[/youtubehd]

Guest Ron Manager

Damn, I knew something epic had to be coming for this... I only have the Siamese reissue so far but it's pretty sweet.

Sounds like it's going to cost quite a bit though :(

The reissued album and box set will be available in stores internationally on Dec. 3 and in North America on Dec. 4. Check out the track listing below for all five of the CDs in the box set.

Dawn to Dusk

1. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

2. Tonight, Tonight

3. Jellybelly

4. Zero

5. Here Is No Why

6. Bullet With Butterfly Wings

7. To Forgive

8. An Ode to No One

9. Love

10. Cupid De Locke

11. Galapogos

12. Muzzle

13. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans

14. Take Me Down

Twilight to Starlight

1. Where Boys Fear to Tread

2. Bodies

3. Thirty-Three

4. In the Arms of Sleep

5. 1979

6. Tales of a Scorched Earth

7. Thru the Eyes of Ruby

8. Stumbleine

9. X.Y.U.

10. We Only Come Out at Night

11. Beautiful

12. Lily (My One and Only)

13. By Starlight

14. Farewell and Goodnight

Morning Tea

1. Tonight, Tonight (Strings Alone mix)

2. Methusela *

3. X.Y.U. (Take 11)

4. Zero (Synth mix)

5. Feelium *

6. Autumn Nocturne *

7. Beautiful (Loop version)

8. Ugly *

9. Ascending Guitars *

10 By Starlight (Flood rough)

11. Medellia of the Gray Skies (Take 1)

12. Lover (Arrangement 1 demo)

13. Thru the Eyes Of Ruby (Take 7)

14. In the Arms of Sleep (Early Live demo)

15. Lily (My One And Only) *

16. 1979 *

17. Glamey Glamey *

18. Meladori Magpie

19. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (Home Piano version)

20. Galapagos (Instrumental) *

21. To Forgive *

High Tea

1. Bullet With Butterfly Wings *

2. Set the Ray to Jerry (Vocal Rough)

3. Thirty-Three *

4. Cupid De Locke (BT 2012 mix)

5. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans (Live Studio rough)

6. Jellybelly (Instrumental/Pit mix 3)

7. The Aeroplane Flies High (Turns Left, Looks Right)

8. Jupiter’s Lament (Barbershop version)

9. Bagpipes Drone *

10. Tonight, Tonight (Band Version Only, No Strings)

11. Knuckles (Studio outtake)

12. Pennies

13. Here Is No Why (Pumpkinland demo)

14. Blast (Fuzz version)

15. Towers of Rabble (Live)

16. Rotten Apples

17. Fun Time *

18. Thru the Eyes Of Ruby (Acoustic version)

19. Chinoise *

20. Speed

Special Tea

1.Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (Nighttime version 1)

2. Galapagos *

3. Cherry (BT 2012 mix)

4. Love (Flood rough)

5. New Waver *

6. Fuck You (an ode to no one) (Production Master rough)

7. Isolation (BT 2012 mix)

8. Transformer (Early mix)

9. Dizzle *

10. Goodnight (Basic Vocal rough)

11. Eye (Soundworks demo)

12. Blank *

13. Beautiful (Instrumental-Middle 8)

14. My Blue Heaven (BT 2012 mix)

15. One and Two

16. Zoom (7 ips)

17. Pastichio Medley (Reversed extras)

18. Marquis in Spades (BT 2012 mix)

19. Tales of a Scorched Earth (Guitar Overdub mix)

20. Tonite Reprise (Version 1)

21. Wishing You Were Real (Home demo)

22. Thru the Eyes of Ruby (Pit mix 3)

23. Phang *

* Sadlands demo

source : http://www.pastemaga...ox-set-for.html

hope it's not expensive!

Edited by Anchio Arch io Son Pittore

Does anyone else think the extras on these deluxe reissues tend to detract/distract from the focus of the original release, or in the best case, add nothing? I usually avoid them. And I've made exceptions to that rule, but to be honest half the time I end up regretting them. In fact the only two cases off the top of my head that I don't regret, were deluxe issues of brand new releases, not reissues per se.

Think I'll pass on the box set, but at least this has reminded me that I need a new copy of the original (mine became my sister's a long time ago). :happy:

Guest Frankie5fingers

Does anyone else think the extras on these deluxe reissues tend to detract/distract from the focus of the original release, or in the best case, add nothing? I usually avoid them. And I've made exceptions to that rule, but to be honest half the time I end up regretting them. In fact the only two cases off the top of my head that I don't regret, were deluxe issues of brand new releases, not reissues per se.

Think I'll pass on the box set, but at least this has reminded me that I need a new copy of the original (mine became my sister's a long time ago). :happy:

see i don't know. you make a point, songs are usually unreleased for a reason (cause they suck). but it is smashing pumpkins, so it has to be good.

I generally can't be bothered with unreleased demo/live/etc. bonus tracks on re-releases. Even for the bands I've been a hardcore fan of, I don't get all that excited about it. If at all.

I would have figured this would include full versions of all or even most of the songs on that Pistachio Medley track.

There are at least three afaik.

I generally can't be bothered with unreleased demo/live/etc. bonus tracks on re-releases. Even for the bands I've been a hardcore fan of, I don't get all that excited about it. If at all.

Same as tbh. I think I might wait for the reviews that follow, that will dictate what amount of money I spend.

It's a class album for sure.