IGNORED

Disney buys Lucasfilm

Rubin Farr

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ancient Evil = old Sith Lord most likely. Exar Kun? Freedon Nadd? Could be interesting...

Didn't they say they will be ignoring all EU stuff, so this new baddie is a totally new thing.

The Ancient Evil = old Sith Lord most likely. Exar Kun? Freedon Nadd? Could be interesting...

Didn't they say they will be ignoring all EU stuff, so this new baddie is a totally new thing.

Maybe it's the borg, because if you go back far enough in the star wars universe, it becomes star trek. Then they can use teleportation, that would be pretty cool, there could be a race that goes, fuck you force, we've got super science. So my powaz of deduction have reasoned that the ancient evil is in fact star fleet.

Guest Gary C

http://vimeo.com/94473916

Recut of the prequels condensed from 7 to 2.5 more coherent hours. Apparently it's based on the structure of the cut that Topher Grace made and was/is too pussy to do anything with.

It mostly appears to completely ignore the Phantom Menace, which is a good thing obviously.

I watched through to "lookie looke senator decent jedi arriving". I know that they couldn't have cut him out as well, but maybe they could have dubbed in a different voice and character dialogue for the recut. Anything would have done, even a dog barking would have sufficed.

Guest Gary C

They left the "I don't like sand" conversation in too.

Completely cut all the senate scenes, though, so it's still better than the originals.

• 2 weeks later...

Thing is, the character is a pale white alien... the actress mentioned is black... very black. Hopefully they wouldn't make her wear makeup.

not sure if you remember, but for the movie thor, idris elba was cast as heimdall, who is based on heimdallr, who is a norse god. as far as i know, norse god's were pale white (due to the region of europe where they were believed to be from).

That's a bit different - there was nothing in Heimdall's character that dictated he was white - he was white by default due to the mythological context of his creation (e.g.: a white society).

In this case, Asajj is an alien, whose defining features are her pale white skin, and is defined by her looks - making her have non-white skin would drastically change who the character was always represented to be.

There is precedent for this though - I saw Spiderman 2 over the weekend (ugh, cheesy as hell - mostly hated it), and Electro (played by Jamie Foxx) went from black nerd to glowly guy with black features.

The latest rumour is the title of Episode 7 is "The Ancient Fear". Not impressed if that is it - sounds like something Lucas would write, tbh.

They could just give her a mask from any of the Lego Star Wars games.

First stand alone Star Wars movie coming December 16, 2016 from Gareth Edwards, director of Godzilla.

It's working!

• 1 month later...

George Lucas has selected Chicago to be the home of his museum of art and movie memorabilia. The highly anticipated decision comes after the Windy City battled both San Francisco and Los Angeles to land the facility.The museum, projected to open in 2018 on the city’s 17-acre Museum Campus site, will house a collection of treasures ranging from Norman Rockwell paintings, examples of special effects that Lucas pioneered at Industrial Light & Magic, the visual effects company founded by the filmmaker. Other film memorabilia to be displayed will include a scale model of the Millennium Falcon, the fictional spacecraft commanded by Han Solo in the original “Star Wars” trilogy.

wow, lucas must be pissed about san francisco not letting him buy more property around the presidio to basically pick a chicago. might as well have picked alaska in terms of relevance to his legacy

tumblr_m9ux7xmkrn1ql4nun.gif

the delay might lead to a better movie. But i thought that they were going to rewrite his parts, to diminish his presence I hopes that they don't put him in a wheelchair with a blanket over his legs and white frosting all over his hair.

the delay might lead to a better movie. But i thought that they were going to rewrite his parts, to diminish his presence I hopes that they don't put him in a wheelchair with a blanket over his legs and white frosting all over his hair.

Well, they need not worry about the white frosting part! :emotawesomepm9:

What's the story on the property buying?

lucas had been for a very long time wanting to purchase more land around the presidio (an area considered sacred in san francisco because it was a military base and now worth lots of dough). lucas got sour. san francisco gave him the gas face multiple times. lucas was like "aiiight... y'all wanna do me like that?"

No need to worry, they have plenty of cgi for situations like this.

Archived