Hoodie

Are you on the Autism Spectrum?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. What was your score?

• 0 - 10
    • 11 - 22
    • 23 - 31
    • 32 - 50

i'm not sure if they're typically comorbid, but the inventory isn't looking at social anxiety anyway. people who are on the autism spectrum genuinely have trouble being around people because (it's assumed) that they lack cognitive processes that automatically process social stimuli like facial expressions and emotions. thus, they feel overstimulated when looking at something so full of information such as a face. it should be noted that they could still process that information, but that would be making use of more cognitively demanding forms of processing. this is why we have people who have what we call high functioning autism. essentially, they can learn to "fake it" when it comes to interpreting social signals. however, because this is utilizing a slower type of processing, they still suffer deficits in time-intensive, naturalistic interactions.

supporting this idea of an absence of implicit forms of social cognition, fMRI studies have found that the areas in the inferior temporal gyrus & fusiform gyrus that light up when neurotypical people see a face do not show activity when autistic people see a face--in fact, the areas associated with inanimate objects light up when autistic people see a face. they just don't process social stimuli like people outside the spectrum do and that leaves them at a disadvantage in our society that is highly socially demanding. i hope that helps explain why there are a lot of questions that look like they're geared towards social anxiety.

expected to get higher if I'm honest. I'm definitely a quiet person, maybe just not as socially inept as I thought I was. maybe I should take it again

Edited by isaki

20, average as usual, everything about me is average expect for my height.

(that test was extremely difficult to take, got distracted every 10 questions, i thought adhd was a made up thing the doctor told me i had so she can make money off me, do i actually have adhd?)

Edited by YO303

sorry but this test is bollocks, really, most of the stuff doesn't even make any sense, each question depends on so much factors...

Your score: 32
0 - 10 = low
11 - 22 = average (most women score about 15 and most men score about 17)
23 - 31 = above average
32 - 50 is very high (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 35)
50 is maximum

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

whatever. i consider myself a mild aspergers but in reality I just consider it a different kind of brain that is faster and able to process more information

and doesn't socialize the same way and values very different things. i blame the society which has always been for the dogs

whatever. i consider myself a mild aspergers but in reality I just consider it a different kind of brain that is faster and able to process more information

and doesn't socialize the same way and values very different things. i blame the society which has always been for the dogs

that's not what it is though

i'm not sure if they're typically comorbid, but the inventory isn't looking at social anxiety anyway. people who are on the autism spectrum genuinely have trouble being around people because (it's assumed) that they lack cognitive processes that automatically process social stimuli like facial expressions and emotions. thus, they feel overstimulated when looking at something so full of information such as a face. it should be noted that they could still process that information, but that would be making use of more cognitively demanding forms of processing. this is why we have people who have what we call high functioning autism. essentially, they can learn to "fake it" when it comes to interpreting social signals. however, because this is utilizing a slower type of processing, they still suffer deficits in time-intensive, naturalistic interactions.Menu Babylon 9

Simply Translate

To translate with Babylon, type any word.

supporting this idea of an absence of implicit forms of social cognition, fMRI studies have found that the areas in the inferior temporal gyrus & fusiform gyrus that light up when neurotypical people see a face do not show activity when autistic people see a face--in fact, the areas associated with inanimate objects light up when autistic people see a face. they just don't process social stimuli like people outside the spectrum do and that leaves them at a disadvantage in our society that is highly socially demanding. i hope that helps explain why there are a lot of questions that look like they're geared towards social anxiety.

nice summary,

but i still wonder if the algorithm behind this test is smart enough to pick up autism and not other problems. for example if i go "strongly disagree" with "I find social situations easy." (something social anxiety people will definitely disagree with) i get autism points (i guess ?), but then if i go "strongly agree" with "I find it easy to work out what someone is thinking or feeling just by looking at their face." (something autistic spectrum-ers will have trouble with according to your explanation) will the test be smart enough to pick that contradiction (if the idea is to diagnose autistic spectrum) or does i simply give a set number of points for each question ?

Edited by eugene

To people who are disappointed with their scores: don't take the test too seriously, just because you got a lower score doesn't mean you're not diagnosed as autistic

fix't that for you, this is watmm remember

got 23 btw, i'm too dumb to be aspie

didn't they just remove aspergers as a medical diagnosis?