going to be honest here, i don't think he just elbowed you, people

don't do that. You two probably brushed elbows and because you seem to

have some anger built up inside of you about people from LA you just

went ballistic on him.

People who say "excuse me" after

a random person accidentally elbow them are looking for a fight, i have

seen it happen, the correct thing to do is to wait for the person that

elbowed you to say i'm sorry, if he doesn't then he's rude but there is

no reason for you to go ballistic on him, just move on.

By

his response he probably apologized about it (his response wasn't

agressive, he gave you a perfectly reasonable explanation,

its obvious he wasnt looking for a fight), you are either leaving out

the part when he apologized or at the time were to angry to listen to

his apology.

You are dead wrong.

I was actually in a pretty good mood when it happened. Like I said, I used to live in NYC, for 12 years as a matter of fact. I'm VERY used to walking on crowded sidewalks and "brushing elbows". It's usually no big deal. I have never, in my life, felt the need to stop and confront someone over it.

This guy actually steered his body in my direction, tensed up his arm and jabbed me with force and the weight of his body, as if to try to knock me off balance. Like I said, we were the only two people on the block and he could have easily avoided me. When he elbowed me, I was actually in the process of making more room for him on the sidewalk.

I'm truly not exaggerating.

If you saw the look on his face, you could tell he wanted the confrontation, not me. He was very pleased with himself.

Also, he definitely did not apologize. If he did, I would have accepted it and moved on, even if he was smug about it. Honestly.

If I ever brush elbows with someone, even if all I feel is clothing, I'm usually the first one to apologize, even if I know I wasn't at fault.

Anyone could tell the difference.

The fact that you are so decidedly sure that this guy was in the right frankly makes me angry and it makes me doubt your intelligence. You're also basically calling me a liar.

I really try to be nice, considerate and accommodating to people, in everything I do. I never get in fights.

When I see people with an obvious lack of regard for other people, as this guy clearly did.

Unfortunately, I truly believe that there are more people like this guy in this town than there are people like me.

I certainly wouldn't post a thread about it if I didn't think the situation was fucked up enough to warrant it.

The reason why I'm posting about it is that it DOESN'T make sense as to why someone would do that to a complete stranger, but HE DID!

I guess this is one of those "i have to take your word for it" type of things, but since i don't really know you im looking at this objectively.

I find it hard to believe he wanted the confrontation since you said he just walked away after elbowing you, if he wanted the confrontation he would confront you after you shouted at him. He didn't apologize so he was rude i'll give you that.

My reason to doubt your side of the story is your accounts of events makes it sounds like someone elbowed you, you immediately shouted "excuse me" and when you angrily confront him about the elbowing he gave you a reasonable explanation (he wasn't agressive or tried to start a fight with you), maybe he looked like a smug saying it but some people just look like smugs.

I'm not saying he was on the right, but i have no reason to believe your side of the story. I find it hard to believe people are randomly elbowing other people (maybe its a city thing)

I guess this is one of those "i have to take your word for it" type of things, but since i don't really know you im looking at this objectively.

I find it hard to believe he wanted the confrontation since you said he just walked away after elbowing you, if he wanted the confrontation he would confront you after you shouted at him. He didn't apologize so he was rude i'll give you that.

My reason to doubt your side of the story is your accounts of events makes it sounds like someone elbowed you, you immediately shouted "excuse me" and when you angrily confront him about the elbowing he gave you a reasonable explanation (he wasn't agressive or tried to start a fight with you), maybe he looked like a smug saying it but some people just look like smugs.

I'm not saying he was on the right, but i have no reason to believe your side of the story. I find it hard to believe people are randomly elbowing other people (maybe its a city thing)

Trust me. I find it as hard to believe as you do.

I don't think its a city thing. It's a human thing. I don't know where you live, but if someone came up to you and jacked you and kept walking, you'd definitely know if it was intentional or not, no matter who you are.

I don't care if you believe me or not, just don't call me a liar. I wouldn't waste my own time.

I wonder what you would do if you were walking and someone came up to you and did the same, as I've described it.

Actually, I know. You would have taken offense at it.

It's not interpretive psychology.

I wonder what you would do if you were walking and someone came up to you and did the same, as I've described it.

If the person walked away and i see that the person doesnt want to pick a fight with me or rob me, i would just go "what the fuck" to myself (i'm a coward and a shy person),

This is why i find your story hard to believe, the guy obviously didn't want to fight you or mug you, then why aggressively and intentionally elbow you in the first place, and why didn't he aggressively confront you when you started shouting at him.

Maybe you are remembering the event incorrectly, maybe to you it seemed like it was intentional because you were unaware that it was going to happen (like when you get a soccer ball kicked at your face by accident your immediate reaction is to kill whoever kicked it)

If the person walked away and i see that the person doesnt want to pick a fight with me or rob me, i would just go "what the fuck" to myself (i'm a coward and a shy person),

This is why i find your story hard to believe, the guy obviously didn't want to fight you or mug you, then why aggressively and intentionally elbow you in the first place, and why didn't he aggressively confront you when you started shouting at him.

Maybe you are remembering the event incorrectly, maybe to you it seemed like it was intentional because you were unaware that it was going to happen (like when you get a soccer ball kicked at your face by accident your immediate reaction is to kill whoever kicked it)

NO.

I don't know about LA or New York but it's pretty standard behaviour in every city in the U.K for people to do small things like this to upset other people in the street and their personal space.

most of the time it's not to start a confrontation it's just the twat in questions way of gaining a small little vengeful victory to cheer them up and experience taught me that it escalating from a small little dig to a confrontation started by either party is the exception not the norm.

So people are dicks, who cares, you could elbow someone yourself as way of recompensing yourself and walk off in a hurry before they attack you towards the nearest convenient hiding place to stop and chuckle in.

It's probably worth finding out how they felt and reporting back.

I'm

going to be honest here, i don't think he just elbowed you, people

don't do that. You two probably brushed elbows and because you seem to

have some anger built up inside of you about people from LA you just

went ballistic on him.

People who say "excuse me" after

a random person accidentally elbow them are looking for a fight, i have

seen it happen, the correct thing to do is to wait for the person that

elbowed you to say i'm sorry, if he doesn't then he's rude but there is

no reason for you to go ballistic on him, just move on.

By

his response he probably apologized about it (his response wasn't

agressive, he gave you a perfectly reasonable explanation,

its obvious he wasnt looking for a fight), you are either leaving out

the part when he apologized or at the time were to angry to listen to

his apology.

You are dead wrong.

I was actually in a pretty good mood when it happened. Like I said, I used to live in NYC, for 12 years as a matter of fact. I'm VERY used to walking on crowded sidewalks and "brushing elbows". It's usually no big deal. I have never, in my life, felt the need to stop and confront someone over it.

This guy actually steered his body in my direction, tensed up his arm and jabbed me with force and the weight of his body, as if to try to knock me off balance. Like I said, we were the only two people on the block and he could have easily avoided me. When he elbowed me, I was actually in the process of making more room for him on the sidewalk.

I'm truly not exaggerating.

If you saw the look on his face, you could tell he wanted the confrontation, not me. He was very pleased with himself.

Also, he definitely did not apologize. If he did, I would have accepted it and moved on, even if he was smug about it. Honestly.

If I ever brush elbows with someone, even if all I feel is clothing, I'm usually the first one to apologize, even if I know I wasn't at fault.

Anyone could tell the difference.

The fact that you are so decidedly sure that this guy was in the right frankly makes me angry and it makes me doubt your intelligence. You're also basically calling me a liar.

I really try to be nice, considerate and accommodating to people, in everything I do. I never get in fights.

When I see people with an obvious lack of regard for other people, as this guy clearly did.

Unfortunately, I truly believe that there are more people like this guy in this town than there are people like me.

I certainly wouldn't post a thread about it if I didn't think the situation was fucked up enough to warrant it.

The reason why I'm posting about it is that it DOESN'T make sense as to why someone would do that to a complete stranger, but HE DID!

You made someone's day, and you're whining about it?

I'm teasing. Some people are monsters. Hire his own family to kill him, since he obviously feels he is an invincible mobster.

In all seriousness, when assholes do this, they're not looking for a fight. They're counting on the fact that they're so alpha that when they elbow you, you won't say a fucking word because most people pussy out and stay silent when a confrontation such as that arises. It's kind of this arrogant mentality that they can walk around and fuck with people and that they're untouchable and/or invincible. Happens a lot in my town.

In all seriousness, when assholes do this, they're not looking for a fight. They're counting on the fact that they're so alpha that when they elbow you, you won't say a fucking word because most people pussy out and stay silent when a confrontation such as that arises. It's kind of this arrogant mentality that they can walk around and fuck with people and that they're untouchable and/or invincible. Happens a lot in my town.

That's exactly what it is.

The dude was just trying to flex some alpha shit. What is the point?

It reminded me of when I was a freshman in high school. I was a punk metalhead with long hair and every now and then, the jocks would knock me into the lockers to show how tough they were and to get a laugh from their friends.

Some guy elbow-checked me last night when I was walking down Woolwich Road near the flyover. We got all London on each other - he turned back and said "Sorry mate" and I just waved my hand towards him without making eye contact.

Next time, empty a can of pepper spray in his face, stomp repeatedly on his face and balls, steal his wallet, and piss on his sobbing, broken body. Then stop at the local bar for a nice appletini.

Jefferoo, I can safely say that you keep going to the douchiest parts of Los Angeles.

The entire west side of Los Angeles County is a cesspool of cuntishness.

Stay on the east side with me and the mexicans and the people with real jobs and Hondas and you'll be fine.

You realize this man probably got the exact reaction that he wanted from you? He then went home, tied a dog collar around his neck and fapped for hours. LA, bunch of sick fucks.

h6PXrBa.gif

lol

+ agreed

Jefferoo, I can safely say that you keep going to the douchiest parts of Los Angeles.

The entire west side of Los Angeles County is a cesspool of cuntishness.

Stay on the east side with me and the mexicans and the people with real jobs and Hondas and you'll be fine.

Tell me about it. I definitely like the east side way better. I just had to go there (is Fairfax really the west side?) to catch a movie that was playing at the silent movie theater.

If I didn't have such a sweet deal on an apt in hwood, I'd want to be east of Los Feliz. Echo park is definitely more my speed. I dig Mexicans. They are chill and eat good food.

Edit

Lolz@ Robert Moses

Archived