IGNORED

Today my boss told me that all the music I play is total noise.

sergeantk

Which I found weird, cause I consider melodic dub techno to be some of the least noisey music I listen to.

Makes me wonder if maybe we all really DO listen to shit music and we've been wrong about it this whole time.

Or idm is 3deep5myboss.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

did you ask him what he likes in music? maybe knowing more about his tastes will put his opinion of dub techno into perspective

did you ask him what he likes in music? maybe knowing more about his tastes will put his opinion of dub techno into perspective

Well to put it in perspective I played a Sabbath tune and he asked me if they were Satan worshippers :facepalm:

I find most people i run into don't like music without lyrics, especially if it's electronic music or something slightly off-kilter.

Edit: lol satan worshippers? Really?

Guest Lucy Faringold

Your boss is 2 deep 4 this world. Best you murder him

(stab him...."2 deep 4 medical help")

ahahahaa. :-)

Re. OP, I guess that to a lot of people Dub Techno will just sound like 'noise' if they've never heard anything remotely similar to it before; if their frame of reference is Stereophonics and the Top Gun soundtrack, their brain likely doesn't have the kind of software to make sense of it.

Well to put it in perspective I played a Sabbath tune and he asked me if they were Satan worshippers :facepalm:

I have to know what this asshat listens to. My guess he loves one musician/band a lot and "likes" and handful of similar artists...if even that. Or he's one of those depressing souls who just "doesn't care for music really."

Maybe he has little bugs in his ears? Maybe those bugs really like dub techno and they start dancing when it's played, so all he can hear is the shuffling of their bug feet (at least six EACH).

Maybe ask him about it?

Guest Frankie5fingers

maybe thats his hint to you about how you arent doing any work and just sitting around listening to music.

get back to work you lazy mofo

maybe thats his hint to you about how you arent doing any work and just sitting around listening to music.

hahahaha goddamnit dude. actually he said it behind my back. but i always listen to choons while im doin work.

Guest Frankie5fingers

hahahaha goddamnit dude. actually he said it behind my back. but i always listen to choons while im doin work.

then why do you care?

I have to know what this asshat listens to. My guess he loves one musician/band a lot and "likes" and handful of similar artists...if even that. Or he's one of those depressing souls who just "doesn't care for music really."

yeah, i don't get how the latter even exists.

I still can't understand this type of people... let's say dub techno is, essentially, "good music", which means calm/relaxing and groovy... who would dislike that? it's funny when people search for "relaxing nature music to study", without knowing they are actually listening to ambient music, and when they hear something, explicitly called "ambient", they don't like it that much

yeah, i don't get how the latter even exists.

I suppose I'm lumping them together with the former group - those who passively listen to music and at most stick with music they grew up with and, well, pop. There are really good friends of mine - funny, intelligent and nice people - who simply never and never will branch out and listen to music beyond a select few artists and songs, almost always old stuff too. The kind who won't even latch onto new music very similar to what they like. And I remember in high school a classmate, kind of a jock but a nice enough dude, telling me "he doesn't really listen to music." They exist and they confound me.

Someone at work once said i listen to music that sounds like pacman being raped, I said you say that like it's a bad thing, he just stared through me.

LOL *high five*

I find most people i run into don't like music without lyrics, especially if it's electronic music or something slightly off-kilter.

Edit: lol satan worshippers? Really?

This seems to be true and it annoys the hell out of me, do people not realize for hundreds of years music had no lyrics? That there's a whole world of music in multiple genres without lyrics? It's like people don't knowhow to just shutup and listen sometimes.

I used to do prep work in the back of a restaraunt for years, the GM said that since for much of the shift I was alone in the back I could bring in a cd player and listen to whatever I wanted as long as I kept it down. The Assistant Manager I had to work with often was a total bitch and would complain about my music constantly. Especially anything remotely heavy (but by her standards even the Foo Fighters were too heavy.) She'd come and bitch to me and ask me to turn it down just becaushe she didn't like it. I had to constantly tell her that many of my other co-workers actually liked what I put on and I had permissions from the GM.

to me it's similar to people saying they don't like fantasy novels as they read the odyssey. just cultural conditioning. electronic music has always occupied a ghetto in the same way that genre fiction does.

Archived