IGNORED

Today my boss told me that all the music I play is total noise.

sergeantk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If somebody tells me the music I'm listening to is noise I just say "shut up I'm trying to masturbate"

Actually everyone always seems to have a story about how their friend made some amusing crack about their tunes "pacman being raped" "robots having a seizure" where as all I get is "that's noise" or "is your cd player skipping?". Why does everybody on WATMM have witty friends and I don't?

I think you're all lying and none of you really have friends or coworkers. Go back to bed.

Guest Aserinsky

I nearly got sacked from my old job washing dishes in a restaurant after playing Ventolin and a load of old dears left thinking it was the fire alarm. Seeing as they were our main source of business, my boss was extremely unimpressed.

Since then I've kinda been more considerate towards playing music at work around other people. I mean to them it sounds like we're playing Skrillex 24/7 and I'm sure as hell everyone here would be complaining that they had to work with someone that listened to that all the time.

use headphones. nothing is more annoying than someone thinking EVERYONE should hear his lates best choons selection straght offa da 'puter. i mean fuck, man. don't be that guy. unless you work alone in the room, then fuck the boss.

I just don't see anything bad about people don't liking the music you like,who cares, only because its YOUR music, bawh.

Does it make you feel special when a "norm" tells you the music you listen to sounds like robots raping a bender while a dial up modem is masturbating with barbed wire?

use headphones. nothing is more annoying than someone thinking EVERYONE should hear his lates best choons selection straght offa da 'puter. i mean fuck, man. don't be that guy. unless you work alone in the room, then fuck the boss.

Bingo!, nobody cares.

This.

pretty sure people who don't like music are sociopaths.

My mom shares this opinion. In her words "people who can't be moved by music don't have souls." I wondered about the effects of music on sociopaths for a long time, and still do since passion for music + lack of emotions seem a contradictory trait combo. But then you get people like Charles Manson who aspired to be a musician before organizing a mass murder, or that Australian serial killer who insisted on playing Live's Throwing Copper while torturing/klling his victims, or the fellow who lived with one of my friends that ended up going on a shooting rampage who practiced Fur Elise on the piano non-stop... it seems there can still be an appreciation of beauty and art that isn't totally incongruant with being sociopathic. Hitler wanted to revive the art of antiquity, loved the music of Wagner, and wanted to become a painter before becoming... whatever special category you want to put Hitler under... The Charles Manson of genocide? So weirdly enough, it seems you can be both sociopathic and have a genuine appreciation for art/music. (Or they go to great lengths to have us believe they enjoy art/music so they'll blend in better, but that seems more of a stretch to me.)

maybe thats his hint to you about how you arent doing any work and just sitting around listening to music.

get back to work you lazy mofo

hahahaha goddamnit dude. actually he said it behind my back. but i always listen to choons while im doin work.

You'll have to start listening to Merzbow to make dub techno look good in comparison.

Headphones aren't an option for me. Not gonna stop me though.

Since he think Sabbath is satanic, you should play Burzum's keyboard LPs and tell him it's VGM versions of traditional English church music and laugh if he says it's "ok."

Back in High school my friends used to call Aphex Twin/V snares, "Robot Sex".

I wish I would have replied something as clever as "You say that like its a bad thing.". LOL.

My mom shares this opinion. In her words "people who can't be moved by music don't have souls." I wondered about the effects of music on sociopaths for a long time, and still do since passion for music + lack of emotions seem a contradictory trait combo. But then you get people like Charles Manson who aspired to be a musician before organizing a mass murder, or that Australian serial killer who insisted on playing Live's Throwing Copper while torturing/klling his victims, or the fellow who lived with one of my friends that ended up going on a shooting rampage who practiced Fur Elise on the piano non-stop... it seems there can still be an appreciation of beauty and art that isn't totally incongruant with being sociopathic. Hitler wanted to revive the art of antiquity, loved the music of Wagner, and wanted to become a painter before becoming... whatever special category you want to put Hitler under... The Charles Manson of genocide? So weirdly enough, it seems you can be both sociopathic and have a genuine appreciation for art/music. (Or they go to great lengths to have us believe they enjoy art/music so they'll blend in better, but that seems more of a stretch to me.)

Appreciation for the arts is an intellectual thing. You can have intellectual crazy people or just dumb crazy people. No one said all crazy people had to be stupid.

Since he think Sabbath is satanic, you should play Burzum's keyboard LPs and tell him it's VGM versions of traditional English church music and laugh if he says it's "ok."

I will definitely try this tomorrow and post results.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I will definitely try this tomorrow and post results.

along with your resume. :cisfor:

My mom shares this opinion. In her words "people who can't be moved by music don't have souls."

no sorry, i do think that people who are actually moved by most of radio music are soulless...

why should i be moved by such shitty music???

liking music is cool because it's that universal art where everyone can opine since all of them listen to music from the day they were born, but that doesn't mean any fucking thing, hey look at me being an intellectual talking about music! what makes me laugh the most are "music lovers" who share sentences like "oh my god my life would be meaningless without music" and all they do is listen to taht same specific songs every fucikng day every fucking hour on the same every godamn radio station.

NO THERE'S NOTHING WRONG IN DISLIKING MUSIC, SINCE MOST OF IT IS SHITTY!!!

i also lol at people who use "I LIKE ANY KIND OF GOOD MUSIC" in their music preferences of social networks... like if they can automatically spot good music from they high horses...

whoa there idm elite. their fav songs are your shit songs, just as your fav songs are on other people's shit songs lists. there's no right answers here.

lol yes there is, there is shitty music, if you have any doubts about that then... btw i don't even listen to idm anymore... ok it's a lie i'm listening to james ferraro aws, but that must be the only idm stuf i listened in the past 2 years or such...

I remember one time my buddy and I were really baked and we were driving around with his girlfriend, we cranked up Gantz Graf (which he only knew as "that noisy headfuck song") his girlfriend looked like she wanted to cry by the end of the song she hated it so much. She was the sheltered type of girl with rich parents who only listened to top40. We thought it was pretty hilarious.

I just laugh my ass off at music I find hilariously bad or off-putting. Last time that occurred I was in morning traffic, tuned into my local college station, and Xiu Xiu's cover of Bjork's "Isobel" came on and I was like...

My mom shares this opinion. In her words "people who can't be moved by music don't have souls."

no sorry, i do think that people who are actually moved by most of radio music are soulless...

why should i be moved by such shitty music???

liking music is cool because it's that universal art where everyone can opine since all of them listen to music from the day they were born, but that doesn't mean any fucking thing, hey look at me being an intellectual talking about music! what makes me laugh the most are "music lovers" who share sentences like "oh my god my life would be meaningless without music" and all they do is listen to taht same specific songs every fucikng day every fucking hour on the same every godamn radio station.

NO THERE'S NOTHING WRONG IN DISLIKING MUSIC, SINCE MOST OF IT IS SHITTY!!!

i also lol at people who use "I LIKE ANY KIND OF GOOD MUSIC" in their music preferences of social networks... like if they can automatically spot good music from they high horses...

all i was saying is that i pause when someone says "i don't listen to music". i find it odd. i'm exaggerating a bit by calling them sociopaths, but it's a basic human faculty that most people possess. now, most people don't care about the music they listen to. that doesn't mean they don't enjoy it. you're making some really weird connections there. people like music because it's "cool" to like music, yet they grew up with music, and somehow this is all an intellectual exercise? and then to say this on a music forum where i would think the basic love of music is shared by literally every member...might be time to get off the internet.

people like music because it's "cool" to like music, yet they grew up with music, and somehow this is all an intellectual exercise?

most of the time we talk about music evaluating it, expressing our intellectual side... instead of just expressing them love for it or hate, there's always a condescending tone when someone defends/discusses his/her own taste in music...

it's cool to talk about music the same way it's uncool to talk about math or electronics... :(

we opine so much about it because we think that the simple fact of listening to it since we're born gives us some kind of judgment power...

maybe i'm biased cause i am or in fact i was but after all still am surrounded by djs and night people, you know, people who like to socialize at bars talking rubbish and go to secret parties, and my love for music really gets raged when i ear these supposedly music lovers making all the fuss they make around shitty 2012 music not even knowing any music out of their circle.

Archived